C

Thursday, November 9th, 2023 9:13 PM

Closed

Caller ID on TV Screen

Since replacing our gateway earlier this week, caller ID no longer appears on iur TV screen.  We have Xfinity triple play and did not change the cable box or other cable connections.  What needs to be done?

1 Message

10 months ago

this is our problem also

Official Employee

• 

25 Messages

10 months ago

Hi there @@chasrudolph I know how important caller ID is. Have you tried power cycling the box by completely unplugging and powering it down? Then plug it back in and power it back up.

4 Messages

No this did not help.  I had previously booted the new gateway for another reason, and now have booted the cable box.  Neither solved the problem.

Official Employee

• 

25 Messages

Thank you so much for giving that a try! Can you please press the Xfinity Button, go to settings, preferences, and then notifications? Once there can you make sure the Caller ID is on? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

I don't find Caller ID under Notifications.  But all notifications, including Other Services, are on.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@chasrudolph We will have to check the account to make sure the Caller ID option was not removed in error. Please send us a Direct Message with your name and address. We look forward to your reply. 

To start a Direct Message: Click "Sign in" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

4 Messages

Problem was solved when Comcast found that caller id to the tv screen was disabled in the back end of our configuration.  They enabled this.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

10 months ago

@chasrudolph Thank you for working with us, and I'm glad we were able to get Caller ID working again for you. Take care! 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

10 months ago

Ever since I got my new modem from Xfinity I can not get my caller ID on my TV screen. I called and talked to a technician and she tried everything and I still do not have it. I got my modem two weeks ago and haven't had caller ID on my TV ever since.

2 Messages

Im on the phone with them right now ..I'm having the exact same problem.

2 Messages

Apparently when you switch out boxes, It automatically disables the caller ID feature. They have to reconfigure the settings. They just did that for me over the phone.

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

Hello, @shirlmae. Thank you for reaching out over Xfinity Forums for support, you have contacted the right place for assistance in regard to Caller ID populating on your TV. I can definitely help troubleshoot this further, and would like to help get this corrected as I really enjoy that feature as it helps me determine if I need to get up to answer the phone while watching TV. 

I see that it was recommended to check your settings in this post: by pressing the Xfinity Button, go to settings, preferences, and then notifications? Once there can you make sure the Caller ID is on? 

I've also seen other users replying that with getting the new equipment that the Caller ID TV feature is disabled, and may need to be provisioned. If you have checked your settings and are still having issues please send a direct message and I can help with getting the Caller ID TV working. 

To send a direct message: 

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon in the upper right - it looks like a chat bubble  

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon just to the right of Conversations

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line - do not use the Employee's name!

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

To expedite your request, we ask that you please include your name, the account holder name (if different), and the service address. 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hey there @user_2lk8ho we're glad to hear that customer service could help get you taken care of on this Caller ID issue!  Please feel free to reach out anytime, and we're always here to help. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here