user-in-pa's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Saturday, December 26th, 2020 10:00 AM

Closed

Call drops every 30 minutes using xfinity voice

Either calling out or receiving phone call, my phone will get disconnected after 30 mins. I chatted with xfinity support several times. they tried reset but the problem was not fixed.

Can anyone help me with the issue? Thanks in advance.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

This is happening to me as well.  There are other posts with this happening as well.  Every 30 mins on a call the phone drops

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

We have the very same issue and have a new cable recently run by Comcast out to the street.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

me too.  Grrrrrrrrrrr

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I had this issue for several months.  I received a new router from Comcast hoping it would help, but phone continued dropping calls within a few seconds of any calls of 30 minutes.  Finally resolved the issue by purchasing a two way splitter which I plugged into the wall outlet and plugging both the router and phone in there rather than having the phone plugged into the second port on router.  No more dropped calls.  Some type of timer on router port #two may have been the problem.  Have had multiple calls of more than 30 minutes since doing this.  Hope this helps.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Can you please elaborate more on your fix?  We’ve been having the same dropped call problem for many months with no resolution from comcast.  We even replaced all the splitter, outside the house and inside.

Please tell me more about the splitter you bought and where you installed it.  When you say your plugged into the wall outlet, is that an RJ11 splitter for the phone line or is it an F connector splitter?  Any details you can share are helpful.  Thanks! 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

RJ11 splitter plugged into wall outlet.  Router plugged in one side, phone plugged in other side.  Absolutely no problems since.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Help. please more details on the fix ....  HELP !!

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Try verifying that your telephone jack is plugged in to TEL 1  - see attached photo ...  I saved it for future reference:

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am having this problem now after 1 month it is now dropping calls.     I am so mad

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Responded earlier, but here is what solved same problem for me.

RJ11 splitter plugged into wall outlet.  Router plugged in one side, phone plugged in other side.  Absolutely no problems since.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Ye Gods! When I got our new modem, I hooked everything up. Unfortunately, there were no numbers (e.g., #1 or #2) by the telephone connections. I did recall that years ago, when a techie was on premises, he mentioned that the phone should be connected to #1. Since the new modem documentation neither mentioned "use connection #1, nor was there a picture to tell me which was #1, I thought that maybe this didn't matter anymore on the new modem. You guessed it, I plugged into #2 instead of #1. When we started experiencing dropped calls, I immediately went to the user forum since the information provided has ALWAYS been more helpful than phone calls to Xfinity. Prior to experiencing the dropped calls "adventure," it was necessary for me to call Xfinity because their "call answering/message service - number of rings" switch was no longer accepting a number greater than the number of rings set on our own in-house answering machine. Finally, it was necessary to have Xfinity completely disable their answering/message feature (?). Was this problem the result of my #2 modem connection faux pas? Xfinity NEVER mentioned anything about #1 or #2 connections during this first modem-change-fiasco. Well, I just changed #2 telephone connection to #1. We'll see if this solves the second dropped call modem-change-fiasco. I wish I could say I enjoy working for Xfinity as an un-paid Quality Assurance Department techie! 

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

Hi @russo999, if you need assistance with your voice service, please make your own public thread so we can assist you there. This thread is 7 months old and will no longer be monitored. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here