Kjchris1967's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Friday, February 12th, 2021 1:00 PM

Closed

Backup battery for phone during power outage

I purchased a backup battery through Xfinity for power outages so I could make and receive calls.  My electricity was out yesterday but the phone did not work.  Called for assistance but the customer representative couldn't help me because the power was back on and he said the battery was charged.   I have VOIP through comcast will the backup battery not work with digital phones?  Should a speaker phone base work if it is plugged directly into the modem?

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

@Kjchris1967 wrote: ... Can I buy an analog phone and plug it into my modem during power outages? ...

Any touch-tone wired phone that works with a conventional analog POTS ("Plain Old Telephone Service") line should work with Comcast's home phone service. Power will be supplied by Comcast's gateway device.

Avoid the devices listed on https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/incompatible-equipment-phone.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

If you lost power didn’t the phone lose power too (speaker phone base). Having a backup battery when you lose electricity is only going to work if your phones don’t depend on electricity to function

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks, I wish someone had explained that to me when I purchased the back up battery.  Can I buy an analog phone and plug it into my modem during power outages?  Will it work?  I am just looking for a way to get calls from PG&E & if needed call 911 during an outage.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks so much for your help!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here