U

Thursday, August 24th, 2023 10:50 PM

Closed

Advanced Call Forwarding Not Included?

I am trying to set up my new phone service (recently signed up for services with Xfinity - and it's been a nightmare to put it politely).

Today, I was looking at the voice settings at https://connect.xfinity.com/voice/settings/callforwarding and when I look at the settings, it won't give me access to Advanced Call Forwarding ... is that not included by default with Voice?  This is what I get instead:

Advanced Call Forwarding

Send your incoming calls to up to 5 phone numbers simultaneously.

This telephone number does not have access to Advanced Call Forwarding.

Customize your Xfinity Voice package today by calling 1-800-XFINITY.

This is getting really ridiculous the number of problems I've had trying to get my services all set up and fully functional.

Thanks.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

1 year ago

Hey there, here is a guide on how to activate Advanced Call Forwarding.

The Primary user must turn on Voice Permissions from the Account and Identity tab of their account for any other account user to access Advanced Call Forwarding options.

To turn on Voice Permissions:

1. Go to Account and Identity. (You may be directed to sign in first.)
  2. Select a user to grant voice permissions.
  3. Scroll to the Allow Access to Voice Features section and toggle On.

let me know if that solves your problem for you!

8 Messages

@XfinityAnthonyT​ Hi.  I am the primary user.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Ok, send a DM to XFINITY SUPPORT with your name and address so that I can get into your account and take a look at it for you. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

8 Messages

@XfinityAnthonyT​ Message sent.  It was sent to the general Xfinity Support account and says "Marcos" because he was trying to help me the other day with another plethora of issues with your services and requested my information.  I just sent it along with the addendum of this issue.  So hopefully someone can help, as your third tier support said they'd call me back yesterday for other matters and never called over 24 hours later.  Thanks.

1 Message

@XfinityAnthonyT​ There is no way to select a user to grant voice permissions when there is only a primary user. I have the same problem. The spam blocker isn't working and I can't get to the advanced call forwarding section in the middle of the call forwarding page to add blocking to high risk and low risk calls. It says to call Xfinity to turn on advanced call forwarding. I spent yesterday at the store and this morning on the phone with Voice technical support. She said she would call me back to see if I got it working but she didn't. If I can't stop these calls, I am going to another vendor. Robocalls where a computer dials you is illegal according to the FTC.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hi there, @user_scbprt I'm very sorry for the inconvience, I know how frustrating it is to get those robocalls. Has our technical support team been in contact with you regarding the issues you are having?-Richard

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

1 year ago

Awesome! Then you can follow those instructions and you shouldn't have any issues. Let me know if you have any hiccups along the way.

8 Messages

@XfinityAnthonyT​ There are no permissions to turn on for myself.  I have access to every other voice setting.  The issue is not on my end, it's on yours.  It says my phone number doesn't have access to Advanced Call Forwarding.

1 Message

8/4/21 Wanted Nomorobo  because Xfinity = xperimental. I explained the issue completely. They even contacted me to let me know that their engineers fixed the problem. And they did. Customize your Xfinity Voice package today by calling 1-800-XFINITY. There is no: Scroll to the Allow Access to Voice Features section and toggle On" for us. Perhaps anyone? If my MA town wasn't in bed with them (the Devil), I get Verizon FIOS.

Official Employee

• 

961 Messages

@user_41c750  I have a link that has the steps on how to set up and use Nomorobo here https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/nomorobo. Can you follow the steps in this link and let us know if you run into issues. 

8 Messages

1 year ago

Still unresolved.  Multiple overseas calls and they can offer to type numbers in for me but can't figure out how to properly have the feature work on my account so I can control things myself.

I a not calling into customer service every time I need a change made to my Advanced Call Forwarding settings.

Xfinity is a complete joke.  I wish FiOS was in this area, as I'd dump Comcast in a heartbeat.  I had FiOS for 13 years and NEVER had all these problems.  In fact, I think I had one problem in 13 years with my router finally dying - so I bought a replacement one on eBay and was good to go.  I've had Xfinity services active for approximately 5 days and have had at least 10 problems so far and no one can resolve them and just passes me off saying someone will call me in 24-72 business hours from a different department.

Am I going to receive a credit for all the days I haven't had full access to the features that are to be included in my monthly payment or Voice service?

1 Message

@user_wkk228 I had the same problem getting Advanced Call Forwarding enabled. The Advanced Call Forwarding section of my Call Forwarding settings page looked just like yours. I even thought maybe Advanced Call Forwarding was not be included in my Xfinity Voice plan.

I spent an inordinate amount of time in online chat on support phone calls trying to get this resolved. I was told 3 times that it had been escalated and would be fixed within either 1 hour or 24 hours, but, of course, that never happened. Then I happened to get a text message asking if my "service is restored". Just for the hell of it, I responded "N", thinking surely nothing would come of that. Then I got a text telling me to call 1-800-XFINITY (the main, nightmarish Xfinity support number). Just for the hell of it, I did. Lo and behold the robo assistant knew I was calling about an escalated issue, I was connected with someone who actually knew what they were doing, she flipped some magic switch, and my Advanced Call Forwarding settings started working (i.e. the middle section of the Call Forwarding settings page looked like it is supposed to and I could actually enter call forwarding instructions and set the ring count (!) .

So, I can't, unfortunately, tell you exactly how to resolve your issue, only that it CAN be resolved - if you get lucky.

As an aside, I second your opinion of getting Xfinity services set up. The Xfinity website can be described, at best, as painful to use. The vaunted new Xfinity App is a piece of junk - I never can find a way to do what I want in it, and it doesn't even mention Xfinity Voice - so good luck resolving our Advanced Call Forwarding issue using it. And don't even get me started about their (again, vaunted) Xfinity Assistant, chat or phone support. I came to the conclusion that the chat/phone support agents have neither the authority nor the ability to resolve problems, only to "escalate" issues into the ether, where they disappear.

Forgive my venting, but it's been a frustrating week trying to get my Xfinity stuff set up and working like it should. I am at the point now that I had never given Xfinity my business.

Problem Solver

• 

833 Messages

I am having the exact same issues. Is there anyway for @Xfinity Support to look at how they added it back to @user_kql5hm so we don't have to go down this long and confusing rabbit hole? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

9 months ago

i have been having this issue since I first activated my comcast account almost 10 years ago. I finally got frustrated and called again in hopes of finally having a resolution. The representative followed the same script about turning on voice permission when I am the primary user and there is no option for me to turn it on. I have access to my voicemail and basic call forwarding, but not the advanced. There are posts from 2021 about this, how is it possible that there is still no solution and if there is, how does customer service now know about it.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_b2d753 Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear you have not been able to use the Advanced Call Forwarding feature. We can check your Xfinity Voice settings, and feature settings. Please send us a direct message. 

To send a "Direct Message" message:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

1 Message

8 months ago

I was able to get mine fixed!  I had to get to level 2 / advanced repair and have them use their "special tool" to do the "Nomorobo" procedure.  They also called it "adding your number to advanced call forwarding."

When they did flip the magic switch, the advanced call forwarding section showed as expected and already had my Nomorobo forwarding number installed.

I was advised that you should ask for level 2 / advanced repair and have them do the Nomorobo procedure, but in case it helps, here's my case # 123469461.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here