U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, December 12th, 2023 12:04 AM

Closed

Why are so many scammers calling with [V] Xfinity verified phone numbers?

I continue to receive calls from robo callers, spammers & scammers who are using phone numbers that Comcast lists a [V]. What's the point of displaying the [V] caller ID prefix if Conmast can't truly confirm its a verified number?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

9 months ago

Thank you for reaching out to us here @user_4ccbdf. That is definitely a frustrating issue, if you are receiving those spam calls. You can always report that issue to the https://xfinityspamfeedback.com/ site. You can also reach back out here if that is still an issue and we can check on any settings for you. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityJohnG​ I guess it's not clear, but I get multiple spam & scam call that are tagged by Xfinity as Verified.  The scammers have discovered a massive hole in the [V] system. If I block a number, the system simply uses another number in their pool. The most recent grouping of SIX from YESTERADY were all an automated robo caller with a computer that asks to speak to a person by name who no longer lives here and then asks me for funding for the police. NONE of the calls below are legitimate, but all are lists with the lowest risk factor and are tagged as [V]erified in the call ID.

Call Date Call Time Caller Caller Name Call Location Verified Risk Factor Call Label
12/13/2023 6:29 PM [Edited: "Personal Information"] Name Unavailabl  BALTIMORE  MD Yes None Verified
12/13/2023 6:26 PM [Edited: "Personal Information"] [Edited: "Personal Information"] PARKVILLE  MD Yes None Verified
12/13/2023 4:54 PM [Edited: "Personal Information"] GAITHERSBURG MD  GAITHERSBG  MD Yes None Verified
12/13/2023 3:09 PM [Edited: "Personal Information"] [Edited: "Personal Information"] BALTIMORE  MD Yes None Verified
12/13/2023 1:49 PM [Edited: "Personal Information"] BALTIMORE    MD  BALTIMORE  MD Yes None Verified
12/13/2023 1:35 PM [Edited: "Personal Information"] [Edited: "Personal Information"] PIKESVILLE  MD Yes None Verified
12/12/2023 7:50 PM [Edited: "Personal Information"] PIKESVILLE   MD  PIKESVILLE  MD Yes None Verified
12/11/2023 6:52 PM [Edited: "Personal Information"] WEST RIVER   MD  WEST RIVER  MD Yes None Verified
12/4/2023 3:27 PM [Edited: "Personal Information"] BALTIMORE    MD  BALTIMORE  MD Yes None Verified
11/27/2023 8:00 AM [Edited: "Personal Information"] BRONX        NY  NEW YORK  NY Yes None Verified
11/17/2023 6:42 PM [Edited: "Personal Information"] [Edited: "Personal Information"] ANNAPOLIS  MD Yes None Verified
11/17/2023 2:20 PM [Edited: "Personal Information"] [Edited: "Personal Information"] ANNAPOLIS  MD Yes None Verified
11/16/2023 6:48 PM [Edited: "Personal Information"] [Edited: "Personal Information"] ANNAPOLIS  MD Yes None Verified
11/16/2023 5:13 PM [Edited: "Personal Information"] [Edited: "Personal Information"] ANNAPOLIS  MD Yes None Verified
11/15/2023 11:14 AM [Edited: "Personal Information"] [Edited: "Personal Information"] CARDIFF  MD Yes None Verified
11/14/2023 4:25 PM [Edited: "Personal Information"] [Edited: "Personal Information"] ANNAPOLIS  MD Yes None Verified
11/14/2023 12:12 PM [Edited: "Personal Information"] [Edited: "Personal Information"] CARDIFF  MD Yes None Verified
11/13/2023 7:43 PM [Edited: "Personal Information"] CUMBERLAND   MD  CUMBERLAND  MD Yes None Verified
10/18/2023 4:40 PM [Edited: "Personal Information"] Service Line4  MILLERSVL  MD Yes None Verified
10/12/2023 5:35 PM [Edited: "Personal Information"] [Edited: "Personal Information"] CHICAGO  IL Yes None Verified

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you for clarifying, @user_4ccbdf! Six calls in the span of a few hours is definitely concerning, especially considering some of those calls were back-to-back. If you have already reported these new numbers at https://xfinityspamfeedback.com/xfinity/, we may need to take further steps. Have you already registered your number with Nomorobo? https://www.nomorobo.com/signup

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Yes, to both of your recommendations. I received two more this morning. Reporting and blocking robo calls that come from Xfinity verified numbers is not how I like to spend my mornings.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_4ccbdf Occasionally, a robocaller or telemarketer will slip through, as Nomorobo must constantly adapts to their changes in tactics. If you do get a robocall, please report it to https://www.nomorobo.com/login . Nomorobo will now screen incoming phone calls to your Xfinity Voice telephone number and automatically hang up if a call is determined to be from an illegal robocaller or telemarketer. Your phone will ring once, letting you know that the robocall has been stopped

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here