turnip67's profile

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Tue, Nov 16, 2021 3:58 PM

Voicemails are not recognized nor transcribed in Xfinity Connect/Voice/Voicemail

After struggling to simply get my voicemail feature activated by Xfinity a week ago (as in, it was included with Xfinity Voice but never 'turned on' at their end???), I now discover that voicemails are being left but there is no notification or transcript of the voicemails in the Voicemail section.

The calls are reflected as 'answered' in the call history but the Voicemail option displays 'We're unable to process this request. Please try again.'  The Voicemail Notifications settings offers this advice: Sorry, but something went wrong. Please try again in a few minutes. Of course, trying again does nothing. So not only are voicemails not appearing in Connect, I cannot change any settings related to Voicemail.

This voicemail issue is unrelated to mobile devices. The phone line is plugged directly into the router via the port on the left side and has been restarted since voicemail was 'turned on.' 

This has been the case with a number of discrete features of the TV and voice products. Included features do not work and require getting past the robots that want to tell me what the issue is, in order to discuss with a human who discovers that someone else did not correctly enable this or that feature. 

Official Employee

• 

33 Messages

13 d ago

Hi, @turnip67, I am terribly sorry to hear of the difficulties you've been having with your voicemail features. This is never the kind of experience we hope to provide, and I would like to get to the bottom of the issue with readable voicemail, and accessing your settings.

To view the settings, have you been logging in by visiting https://comca.st/328fJGV and selecting the Voice icon? 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@XfinityLayla yes, I understand where the settings should be accessible. As noted, the settings window apologizes for something being wrong.

Official Employee

• 

273 Messages

@turnip67 thank you for getting back to us! You mentioned that you have your phone plugged directly into the router. Are you using a modem with a separate router? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

No, the phone line plugs directly into the Xfinity Gateway wifi router, which was set up by an Xfinity technician.

(edited)

XfinityKorie

Official Employee

• 

482 Messages

Ah, roger that. We would love to help and dig more into this for you. Can you send me a DM with your name and address? 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3iVtu1B

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person", but don't do that.

Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there. As you are typing a drop-down list appears.

• Select "Xfinity Support" from the list. An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter or tap the > icon to send it any of those platforms will be able to assist. :)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New to the Community?

Start Here