jbworkman's profile

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

Sunday, August 18th, 2024 4:45 PM

Voicemail pin pop-up

I keep receiving a pop-up message when accessing my Xfinity voicemail online that reads “Before getting started, we need you to set your PIN and security question.” I already have a pin and security question set. Even tried changing them in settings but still get this pop-up. Just started several days ago. What changed and how do I get around it? No option to enter the pin is given.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

29 days ago

jbworkman View your Voice Security PIN

To view your CPNI Security PIN, you must first authenticate your account by entering your PIN or by logging in to xfinity.com from a computer that's connected to your in-home Xfinity network.

Once your account is authenticated, you can view your PIN by taking the following steps:

1. Click the Account icon Account icon and then select Account and Identity.
    Account and Identity located second from the top, beneath Billing.

2. Under Your Information, select Xfinity ID and Security.
    Select Xfinity ID and Security.

3. To view your Security PIN, scroll down to the Service Access section and select Home Phone Security PIN.
    Scroll down and select Home Phone Security PIN.

Change your Voice Security PIN

1. Sign in to xfinity.com.
  2. Click the Account icon Account icon and then select Account and Identity.
    Select Account and Identity.

3. Under Your Information, select Xfinity ID and Security.
    Select Xfinity ID and Security.

4. Scroll down to the Service Access section and select Home Phone Security PIN.
    Scroll down and select Home Phone Security PIN.

5. On the next page, click Change PIN.
    Click Change PIN on the next page.

6. Enter your current Security PIN, then create and confirm your New PIN.
    Enter your current PIN; then, create and confirm your New PIN.

7. Click Update PIN.
  8. You'll receive an email confirmation regarding the change.

You can also change your security question and answer, but you must enter your PIN to do so.

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

The pop-up contains two links. One goes to the info you just posted, the other goes to my primary acct user settings where I complete the steps above. There is no option to enter said pin and access the voicemail. I have had a phone security pin for years which has not changed. Never seen this pop-up before the last few days. Since then I have changed the pin, changed my security question. Logged out multiple times, cleared cache and logged back in. None of these steps has cleared the pop-up although sometimes it will let me into the voicemail. I am accessing from safari on an iPhone 11 iOS 17.5.1. I had not changed anything (passwords/settings) on the primary acct for a long time before this started occurring and had never seen this pop-up before now and it has been persistent since. I also see multiple posts suggesting this is an issue for other users recently. But I am more than happy to change my pin and security question again to see if I get a different result this time.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Thanks for the additional information, jbworkman. Have you tried going through the pop-up process t see if it allows you to change it? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

@XfinityDilary​ Just followed the link

Changed the pin and security question. Logged out, cleared history/cache on browser then logged back in and same pop-up. Done this several times now.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Thanks for sharing the screenshots, jbworkman. Is this happening with all of your devices? Have you tried any other browsers to see if the issue persists? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

@XfinityDilary​ Does not seem to happen on my iPad in Safari. Just the iphone in Safari. Didn’t happen on iPhone in chrome. 

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

28 days ago

Same experience.  Using chrome on a desktop.

1 Message

28 days ago

I have exactly the same issue using Opera on a desktop.  Please make it stop.

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

28 days ago

While I was having luck yesterday through Chrome, I do sometimes get the pop-up there too. Trying to go to my email first then switch to voicemail works sometimes but not always.

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

28 days ago

Also get same issue in Edge on a laptop.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Still on just the phone correct? 

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

@XfinityEricB​ Same issue on a Dell laptop running Windows 11 on the MS Edge browser.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Thank you for that information u/jbworkman. We can check further into that to see if that was related to those updates. 

Please send us a [modmail]( https://www.reddit.com/message/compose?to=/r/Comcast_Xfinity) with your full name, account holders name (if different), and service address as it appears on the bill.

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@jbworkman​ Good luck; I am having the same issue with Chrome on Windows 11 AND the XFinity Voice app on Android.

Contributor

• 

48 Messages

26 days ago

This is obviously a Comcast issue.  It's happening to a bunch of people all of the sudden (including me).  

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

@rpf75​ Agreed. I did my part to notify but not following up since it’s not an acct or user end issue. I get in sometimes, sometimes not. 

Official Employee

• 

777 Messages

rpf75 Thanks for reaching out to us here today to let  us know you are having issue with your voicemail PIN number. You can find instructions for setting or changing your PIN here https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/how-to-reset-voicemail-pin. Please let me know if this does not resolve you issue. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

26 days ago

I had the same issue multiple times using Chrome on Windows 10 laptop.  Minute later tried it on Edge on the same laptop, and it worked.  Minute later went back to Chrome and it still doesn't work.

1 Message

24 days ago

me too. Smarten up xfinity and fix this.

Contributor

• 

14 Messages

23 days ago

Same here on Lenovo laptop with windows 10.  Getting very frustrating.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

fhu, Thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support. Please let us know if you are still having issues. We we want to help. 

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

22 days ago

I'm having the same problem. On iPhone using Chrome. Only in the past few days.

On top of having to log in and verify every time. Accessing voice mail is miserable.  Why can't I get to email via the xfinity app?

1 Message

21 days ago

Having the same issue too and can't get past it to see my voicemails.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_038br5 Have you tried using other browsers to see if the problem persists?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here