mobilemike's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Tue, Sep 22, 2020 5:00 PM

Voicemail not set up

I am trying to set up voice mail. I dial *99 and the message says...The mailbox # you are trying to reach is not in service...goodbye. Seems to be a common issue....

Responses

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

8 m ago

I recently switched from my old plan to an xFi plan because the wifi on my old modem was dying.  A week after I switched I noticed that I wasn't having any messages and when I called my phone I get the message 'the mailbox number that you are trying to reach is not in service' and on the Xfinity voice page it says 'Voicemail is not enabled for this number.'   I have not been able to get through to a person to ask about this change in my plan.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 m ago

I've been having the same problem.  Does anyone have an answer yet?
Thank you!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 m ago

I’ve had the exact problem for weeks and I cannot get through to a person! Did you have any success?

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 m ago

I eventually got in contact with someone via the Xfinity 800 number.  He worked for a bit on my account and said that he added voicemail to my service.  However apparently I am still in limbo with respect to voicemail.  When I log into Xfinity Connect Voice on the web it says:
"We were unable to determine your access to voicemail service at this time. Please check back later. You may try logging out and log back in. If the problem persists, please contact Customer Care through the Help section in Settings or call 1-800-COMCAST."
One of these days I will call back I guess - meanwhile I am using the voicemail on my phone.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

21 d ago

Switched from Verizon to xfinity mobile service last week.  Have not been able to activate voicemail:  The number you are trying to reach is not in service. Goodbye."  Representative I was working with in the store tried to fix it.  He called his "special contact in customer service" who said it was fixed, try again tomorrow.  Still not working.  Went online and "chatted" with customer service for an hour.  They said they fixed it - still not fixed.  Hello??? Hello????  Anyone have any suggestions!!??

New to the Community?

Start Here