S

8 Messages

Tuesday, July 9th, 2024 10:24 PM

Voicemail Help and Complaint

I have been on and off the phone with Xfinity/Comcast Business since March and it is July. No one is keeping good notes on what I am asking, and no one is solving my problems.

There should be notes from all of my calls and the most recent issue is my main phone number (I have 2) isn't showing up on the online voicemail portal.

In March I tried to switch to Comcast Business because a sales person called and said I would get the same products for way cheaper. Turns out it was way slower speeds and barely cheaper. This is called a Bait and Switch marketing tactic.

I requested to be switched back to my Xfinity Residential account as I was assured I could do with no issues.

Here were/are the issues - 

Comcast/Xfinity couldn't port the phone numbers back to Xfinity with the grandfathered package I was on for almost 2 decades.

Comcast/Xfinity couldn't port the phone numbers for MONTHS. I called, they called, they sent someone, he called someone, they made me go to the location, the location made me call, etc.

FINALLY somehow both phone numbers were working and calling.

Within a week, the voicemail somehow became disconnected and required setting it up again. Even after setting it up a random phone number is on my portal and I cannot view my voicemails because of it.

I have been on the phone every day I can call for over a month now just to solve this voicemail issue and no one can fix it.

I ask for a supervisor, they reach out to another department, someone hangs up on me. They call back on the office phone after hours, they call on my day off, they mark off "2 attempts to reach customer" and stop following up. I reach out again, ask... BEG for help, they say they will take care of it and be the last rep I speak to, they need 24-48 hours before calling back, they call back when I'm not in the office, they call on Sunday, they mark off "2 attempts to reach customer" and stop helping.

Send help. SOS. Please. Anybody. [Edit: PII] - is this really how you treat lifelong customers?

8 Messages

3 months ago

It's been 24-48 hours (the timeframe I am always told by Xfinity) and no one has responded to this...

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@SPhillipsSDP Thank you for connecting with us about your experience with the phone switch and voicemail issues. We apologize for the trouble you have had to endure. You have reached the right team for assistance. For clarification, the phone numbers are back on your residential line, and working correctly? As far as you know, the number on the portal seems to be causing the issue for retrieving the voicemail? I just want to make sure I understand the current issues we have to address. We look forward to your reply.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

8 Messages

@XfinityLinda​ That was the issue for about a month, and since posting someone is "working on" our voicemail, which has resulted in our phone lines being down. Currently - nothing works except the internet, and that's going to be at least a week as of tomorrow. I can't even rely on Xfinity to have a phone that can accept calls?

I have explained these issues over and over and over and nobody is keeping good notes. 

This may or may not be comical to you, but after speaking to a rep last Thursday, telling her I wouldn't be in until Monday AND after an extension conversation about how our voicemail PHONES aren't working, I came into the office today to find THREE missed calls. WHY is anyone calling that number? May (Mae) is the rep I spoke to on Thursday and told me she would call me back today... Really hoping those aren't from her.

8 Messages

@XfinityLinda "We look forward to your reply"

8 Messages

@XfinityLinda very unimpressed with a 7 day response minimum turnaround. This is the problem with Xfinity - no accountability.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@SPhillipsSDP

I do apologize for any inconvenience,  this is not the experience we want our customers to have.  I would like to take a deeper look into your account so we can get this resolved for you, please go ahead and send me a direct message.

To send a direct message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon in the upper right - it looks like a chat bubble
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon just to the right of Conversations
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line - do not use the Employee's name!
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

To expedite your request, we ask that you please include your name, the account holder name (if different), and the service address.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here