Blueteeth's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Thursday, February 27th, 2020 3:00 PM

Closed

Scam calls with ID "1-800-266-2278 COMCAST"!

Just received an obvious scam call with that ID from a noisy Indian call senter.  The caller wanted to help me "restore my 90Mbps service" which is odd as we have Gigabit service that works great.  He wanted me to start some diagnostics that would have given him access to my PC, but by my responses he obviously guessed that I had him sussed & hung up.

Why is Comcast allowing scam calls through to its own voice customers that are clearly using what CC should know is a spoofed ID?  And why is Nomorobo not catching them?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I received a call from person with comcast number and their recording, when you call back it is comcast messaging. The guy repeated my payment information, my account number and associated my account with my husbands cell number.  How did my information become available?  Could this be an employee doing a scam.  I was scammed out of an Apple Gift card of 180.00 which was supposed to be 3 month payments.  I am concerned about how legit it sounded and how they had my information.  It was 2 different people.   The number he used was 2 comcast numbers [Edited: "Personal Information"]/[Edited: "Personal Information"] plus a cell [Edited: "Personal Information"] and called himself James [Edited: "Personal Information"]. When I tried to call the number back the next day the phone did not ring or have recording.  Be aware they are using official recordings and not obvious.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

One additional note to the scam:  I attempted to call comcast for verification but the person in the call center did not seem to understand my question and I had to repeat myself frequently.  It would have been very beneficial to be able to speak to someone local and not overseas.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.4K Messages

Hello, @user_df3124.

This is an old, inactive thread that we will be closing at this time. If you are having troubles and need support, please create a new topic of your own here on this board detailing your issue so that the community and our support representatives can assist.

We do take these issues very seriously, so we ask that you please visit https://comca.st/38TKH5L

and contact our customer security assurance team at 1-888-565-4329 to report your experience. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here