user_76ddfb's profile

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, April 10th, 2023 3:43 PM

Closed

permanently remove call waiting

I can't find the setting on the app or website to disabled call waiting permanently.  I need this for work so incoming calls are not interrupted.

The customer service rep stated I can find it on the app but that's a no for me.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

1 year ago

Hello @user_76ddfb, and thank you for reaching out about your call waiting concern. There is only a way to temporarily turn off call waiting using the phone, but we can remove the option from the service in full for you. If this is something you wish to do, I'll be happy to help!

Can you send us a direct message with your full name, name of account holder (if different), and service address?

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon (speech bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityEricB

Hi Eric,

I tested and still was able to ring the line even when it was in use and would hear the noise from call waiting. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

Hi Eric,

I tested and still was able to ring the line even when it was in use and would hear the noise from call waiting. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hey, @user_76ddfb! Thanks for the update. We'd be happy to remove the feature on our end. Could you please send our team a private message with your name and service address? We can help. 

To send a Direct Message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging chat" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

How do we remove the option for Call waiting from the service in full?

@user_76ddfb​ did this ever get resolved for you? we are having the same issue and would like to get it completely removed if that's an option

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here