madmad1's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

Thursday, January 26th, 2023 5:08 PM

Closed

Landline spam calls

I am getting spam calls from various numbers on my landline every few minutes.  Many of the numbers are already in my blocked list but the phone continues to ring. Went to nomorobo, did the test call it and it says it's working but nomrobo doesn't show up in my advanced call forwarding. Spam setting is medium since I noted low were some legitimate calls.  I even tried to go back into nomorobo, delete my home phone and start over but that's not an option.  What can be done to stop this?

Problem Solver

• 

785 Messages

2 years ago

@madmad1 Thank you for reaching out and bringing this to our attention. I can understand how frustrating this can be. Are you still getting the calls? 

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Happening to me too!  This morning at 5:42 AM!!!! I have 415 area code phone number in CA...it was the 4th spam before 7 this week!!!

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

1 year ago

It's 'bots, probably from Avid Telecom, who are dialing a listing of all available numbers in a region while spoofing the calling number to evade blocking software. It was interesting that the day they all paused was the day all the States' Attorneys General filed suit. The next day they [Avid] were back up & running amok.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here