U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, January 17th, 2022 3:25 PM

Closed

Home phone not ringing

I am having an issue with my home phone service.  All calls are going right to voice mail and the phone never rings, although it did ring up until last Friday.

I have rebooted the modem several times, but the phone light blinks and then disappears.

Is there anything else I can try?

Contributor

• 

212 Messages

3 years ago

Do you get a dial tone when you pick up the phone?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@Harry3667 

No I do not have a dial tone. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

3 years ago

Hello there, @user_6acea7. Thanks for bringing your Xfinity Voice service concerns to the community for help. I know how important it is to be able to receive phone calls, especially these days, and would love to help however I can! To start, I've found a couple of helpful links for troubleshooting Voice concerns; here's What to Do If You Can't Receive Calls with Your Xfinity Voice Service, and here's What to Do If You Don't Have Dial Tone with Your Xfinity Voice Service. Please check out the troubleshooting tips listed in both of those, and let me know if you're still having any issues with receiving phone calls. We may have to pull up your account for more detailed troubleshooting.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinitySara

I have tried all of the troubleshooting tips.  I have spoken to several Xfinity reps, and they have each told me there is a problem with the provisioning.  They rebooted the modem several times with no luck.  I spoke with a rep yesterday and she said she was escalating my ticket, and that someone would contact me in 4-8 hours, but I have not heard from them yet. 

The phone does not ring, but the voicemail works.  The phone light on the modem is not on.  When they reboot, it blinks around 30 times, and then goes off.  The phone worked for a week, and then suddenly on Saturday it did not work anymore.  Thanks for any help you can provide!

Problem Solver

• 

577 Messages

@user_6acea7 Thank you for confirming that additional information. I sincerely apologize that you have not yet been contacted within the time frame provided. I would be more than happy to look into that ticket, as well as try some additional troubleshooting steps with you, in order to get this resolved for you once and for all. To continue, please reply in a private message with your first and last name and service address following the steps below.

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

(edited)

I no longer work for Comcast. 

Problem Solver

• 

571 Messages

3 years ago

@user_6acea7 Thank you very much for your time and reaching out to our Forum support team. I am so happy we were able to get your home phone working again. Please create a new public post if you have any further concerns or questions. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here