U

Thursday, August 8th, 2024 1:45 AM

Caller ID not working

We recently got a new modem from Xfinity. Since installing it, the Caller ID on our phones has stopped working and displays only "Unknown Caller." Xfinity Assistant has been no help and does not address the problem at all. I can't find any way to get help from a human being. We have tried unplugging and restarting the modem and also have unplugged and replugged the phones. No change. How can I get help with this?

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

2 months ago

Hi there, user_kncmg5! You are at the right place for assistance with your Caller ID. Since you have reset the devices and checked cabling, the next step is to ensure Caller ID is provisioned (file sent for the service) to the new modem from our end. It usually happens automatically but there may have been a problem with it. I will need to access your account from here.

Please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the direct messaging icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

2 Messages

2 months ago

I DMed XfinityRay with the information he asked for but have not received an answer or ant information on when our Caller ID will be restored. It sounds like the solution is a simple one from Xfinity's end, so WHEN will they fix it? Please communicate!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here