casey1234's profile

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

Tuesday, December 14th, 2021 5:44 PM

Closed

Call Waiting

when on the phone an incoming call goes straight to voice mail without a Call Waiting "beep" so we can switch over to incoming call.

Accepted Solution

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

2 years ago

Follow up: On 1/6/22 I got a VM from John@ComcastRegional Executive Office. [Edited: "Personal Information"] He was calling about a matter COMPLETELY UNRELATED to my Call Waiting problem but since I

had him on the phone I asked him for help. I had heard nothing from Tier2/IT since since my unsuccessful technician home visit on 12/15/21. Within hours of talking with John I

had a call from Tier2 or IT with the solution. Switch my telephone plug from Line 2 to line 1, my problem SOLVED.  I had the newest model xFyi modem which, unlike older modems, put separate functions on each line. Line 1 hookup for call waiting to free up Line 2 for home security functions.

LESSON. The engineer who solved my problem knew I was plugged in to the wrong telephone line without even asking. In months of futile contacts with on line chats, 3 different overseas phone conversations and one domestic tech, no one asked or knew to ask what line I was plugged into. The same goes for the technician who checked the outside lines and the technician who came to my house. I don't blame the techs, I blame a system that doesn't put the customer in touch with the people who have the ANSWERS. Casey

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

528 Messages

3 years ago

Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us! I see that you were having issues with call waiting. Are you still experiencing the same issues? 

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

@XfinityCrystal  Thanks for your response

See my post below

Problem Solver

• 

528 Messages

Could you please send me a private message with your full name and full address? I would like to take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity
Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

I tried to follow directions and result was 2 direct messages  to  "Xfiniity Support Member since Jan 27 2021". I hope they reach you.

Have not heard anything from Tier 2 IT. Call Waiting still not working.

Thanks for your response

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

3 years ago

Crystal, Thanks for your message. No solution yet .Here's a brief chronology: 11/19/21 Online chat:Agent concluded problem could not be solved remotely.will request technician visit.  2ndcontact : Call Voice support:  no info on technician visit  but another attempt at remote fix. Tech tells me call waiting will be working in 3 hours.  Three days later it is still not working.  3rdcontact: I call Voice support again, am informed technician found no problem in phone lines . Since my Call Waiting is stiIl not working I ask for a IT referral. 

We are now into December, still no communication from Comcast.  I make 4th call to Voice support, agent insists he will solve problem remotely despite previous failures. After 40 min of futility, he gets me a firm date for technician to come to my house. December 15th, technician arrives, finds no problems with internal wiring, tries various interventions with his local technical support which fail. Next step is get help from IT level. Hypothesis is problem lies with local Atlanta  implementation of a new Spam control program around the time my problem started. I'll continue to post Updates. Casey  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here