chrism3's profile

Contributor

• 

53 Messages

Tuesday, January 11th, 2022 4:19 AM

Closed

Call waiting is not working on our Xfinity home phone...

I have been having a lot of issues with Call Waiting not working on my Xfinity home phone service. Several people commented about it. So, I tried it myself. Sure enough, it does not work. 

I called Xfinity tech support. The tech support representative said that they manually turned it on. They would text me later that day. In fact, I received a text message immediately following my call (simply thanking me for being a Comcast customer and saying that they would work on a resolution). However, I never received any other text message.

Later that evening, I received a notification on my Xfinity menu (on the TV via my X1 system). It stated that they couldn't send a text message because they didn't have a phone number on file.

So, I entered my password (via the TV) as directed. After logging in, a new message popped up stated that they already had that phone number on file. I reset my new XFi modem (unplugging it for two minutes and then plugging it back in). It is STILL having this problem. 

I don't get it. I tried the Xfinity Connect app too. However, it has been down most of the last few days. At this point, I cannot check my voice mail either. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

2 years ago

Thank you for reaching out to our community forum about the phone feature issues, @chrismireya! I rely on my phone every day so I'd be upset if it wasn't working. You can find some helpful information about Call Waiting here but it sounds like you've been through a lot so I'd like to take a look at settings from my end.

Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and I'll be happy to help :). 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I can’t get it since new modem had to be changed. Old one worked fine but had to upgrade . Phone problems ever since 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here