U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, December 22nd, 2021 9:38 PM

Closed

Advanced Call Forwarding not working-No way to add numbers

I cannot input any phone numbers on Advanced Call Forwarding. There is no way to add numbers as there is no ADD or number field. I have tried on Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Internet Explorer. It was previously working but is now gone.

As I see other similar complaints of this problem, what is the estimated time period to fix this?

I have attached an example showing call forwarding activated with *72 with my number on handset but no ability to add additional numbers with 2nd option selected.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I cannot UNforward my phone......   *77 doesn't work any longer so all my landline calls go through my cell phone which I do not want.   Anyone know how to fix this?  Customer service was supposed to have fixed it but didn't.....

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

3 years ago

I am sorry for the frustration that you have had when trying to make changes to your call forwarding. Please clear your cache and cookies and then try the following steps when you are logged into Xfinity Connect. 

1. Click the Settings (wheel) icon in the upper-right corner and select Settings to see your voice preferences.
  2. Click Call Forwarding.
  3. View your existing Advanced Call Forwarding set up.
  4. Add new phone numbers to your Advanced Call Forwarding list.
  5. If required, you can change the number of rings before the call is diverted to voicemail.

Please also check out the following link to make changes to your Call Forwarding Settings. 

https://comca.st/312eTeU

Our team is here 24/7 if you have any other questions or concerns. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

@XfinityChristy 

Clearing cache and cookies did not fix it. You also just reposted instructions and obviously DID NOT read my post and LOOK at the pics I attached.

There IS NO FIELD TO ADD PHONE NUMBERS. NO box, no add button-NOTHING. Can you escalate? Also my problem is the first post in thgis thread not the guy who hijacked the thread after my initial post.

Problem Solver

• 

672 Messages

Could you please send our team a private message with your full name and full address? I would like to take a look at your call forwarding setup issues.

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

I am having same problem as first user - there is No Add Button to enter call blocking number.  Any resolution?

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

I have same problems and this exact problem is posted in other topics - cannot add forward number.  Cannot control rings before forwarded to voicemail.   Same behaviour on 3 different browsers and different computers.   This appears to be a larger problem.  My phone forwards to voicemail after 2 rings.   Please fix this and let me increase the number of rings before it forwards to voicemail.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@TWhite99 

I have called a couple of times and they have escalated.  I have not heard back from anyone and problem still exists.  Hoping there is a fix coming soon. 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hello, @user_f288e7. I hope all is well. I wanted to follow up and see if anyone has reached out since you last called. If so, have you had any updates? I also wanted to ask while I have you available. Did you already set up Voice Permission for your user profile? This would need to be toggled to "on," before you have access to Advance Call Forwarding. If you aren't sure. Here are the steps:

To turn on Voice Permissions:

1. Go to Xfinity My Account and click Users at the top. (You may be directed to sign in first.)
  2. Select a user to grant voice permissions.
  3. Scroll to the Voice Permissions section and toggle “On.”
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have been on chat with Xfinity for 2 hours with the same problem.  They have given me the same answers as have been given here.  They do not seem to recognize the problem.  My problem has been escalated but not confident that it will be fixed.  I have tried multiple browsers and operating systems.   It is happening on both mine and my parent's account.  I am logged in as primary account user so user permissions isn't an issue.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hello @user_2cb525 Thank you so much for reaching out to our residential forums about this issue with your calling features. We would love to help in any way we can. Please use the info below to send us a peer-to-peer message. 

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I finally got to the bottom of my problem.  Turns out Xfinity didn't have us signed up for Call Forwarding, even though it originally had been a part of our program.  For some strange reason, it got dropped when we changed our TV package.   We asked to have this added back to our phone package and now it works -- like it's supposed to......

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here