U

Wednesday, April 17th, 2024 4:22 PM

Activate Voicemail

I recently ported a new number to my comcast voice.  The no answer response for voicemails states that "The number xxx-xxx-xxx this voicebox is unavailable".  What would be my action to make voicemail available?

Official Employee

• 

256 Messages

1 month ago

Hey there, @user_hpzb4l. Have you gotten the chance to review our article for activating your voicemail? There are a few different prompts to dial based on what you hear. There are also options to make changes to your voicemail through our email and voice portal under the Voice tab at the top after you're logged in.

2 Messages

@XfinityBradM​ 

I have tried to set up/activating voicemail using the home phone, but the message is essentailly the same. "voicemail unavailable".   No other prompts or interaction follows. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_hpzb4l, Ah okay. Thanks for your patience. I would like to pull up the account to take a look at what's going on. To get started, please send us a direct message with your first/last name and full address.  You can start by clicking the "direct message" icon on the upper right page of the forum page. Once you click on that, input our shared handle "Xfinity Support" to send us a direct message.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

863 Messages

@user_hpzb4l I'm so happy that we were able to correct the voicemail issue quickly. Thank you for your patience again while we worked out the trouble and applied the fix. If there's anything else that we can help you out with please let me know. It's our pleasure to help out with any issue. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

14 days ago

I'm having the same problem, same message. *99 or *82 + number, same message "the number ***-***-**** this mailbox is currently unavailable ". Really? I know that. That's why I'm calling!  If it wasn't do very frustrating it would be funny.

I moved to a new home and transferred my service but Xfinity said I couldn't port my old home phone number so they gave me a new number

Calling customersupportby phone doesnt work, I tried many times to reach a live person but nope. I get a text to link up to have a message chat with a live person.

Multiple online chats with multiple service agents that last at least 40 minutes each over several days and they all said they couldn't help me and have elevate my issue up to level 3 (?) and I'd get a call in 60 to 90 minutes. Never got a call! Went to Xfinity store for help. Clerk i spoke with was not in a good mood and was very rude. He said I needed a technician to come to my home to fix the issue. We'll, I knew that wasn't correct. When I disagreed,  he insisted I did need a home visit, I said fine. He booked it. Guy came, heard my issue and said that's something I can't fix and they should know that (really!?) He said to call for customer assistance. Back to square one.

I've been on this merry go round now for 13 days and I'm ready to cry and then cancel all my service.

If anyone can help me I would be so so grateful🙏 HELP!

Official Employee

• 

871 Messages

Hi there, @foxylady6813  Thank you so much for reaching your Digital Care team. I appreciate your patience while you waited to connect with me. I'm very sorry for the trouble you are having with your Xfinity Voice. Please be assured you reached the right person to assist you. Can you please DM me your first and last name, along with your full service address so that I can assist you further.-Richard

To send a direct message [private message]:

•   Click "Sign In" if necessary
  •   Click the "Direct Message" icon 
  •   Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  •   The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
  •   - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
  •   - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  •   Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  •   Press Enter to send it
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here