Where is direct messages

I've been looking for direct messages but I can't seem to find it

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.6K Messages

10 months ago

I've been looking for direct messages but I can't seem to find it

The Direct Messaging iconfor private messages doesn't appear until you have made your first post. You should be able to see it now as long as you are logged in to the Forums (you may need to reload the page).

Please be aware that using Direct Messaging before you have been asked to do so is considered a violation of the Forum Acceptable Use Policy. See https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/guidelines/xfinity-forum-acceptable-use-policy/602d9c64c5375f08cd574236.

You are encouraged to first post a description of your question or problem without including any personal information. If personal information is needed you'll be asked to provide it in a private Direct Message.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

(edited)

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.6K Messages

10 months ago

Does replying count as posting? ...

I'm not Comcast and I do not know. If you can now see the Direct Message icon, then yes. If not, then no. You may need to reload the page or sign out and back in again before the icon appears. Please check that and if you would be so kind, let me know! It's something I've wondered about for some time.

In any event, it's always best to start a new topic describing your question or problem, rather than posting a Reply or Comment on an existing topic. And please remember that, as stated above, using Direct Messaging before you have been asked to do so is a violation of the Forum AUP.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

10 months ago

I have no direct messaging icon.

Expert

• 

30.5K Messages

@user_816389​ 

Direct messaging isn't allowed until an official employee asks you to do so; it's against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy to send anyone an unrequested DM/PM.  Also note, if you do send one without being asked to do so, it could possibly be ignored.

Please post your issue in public in the proper forum so that it can be addressed either by other customers or by an Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here