SJ

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, July 18th, 2023 7:49 PM

Closed

Unable to send a direct message

I posted a message to the Xfinity Community forums yesterday and I received a response asking me to send a direct message with my full name and address. However, I am unable to send a direct message because the New message" (pencil and paper) icon is grayed out on the Conversations page.

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.6K Messages

1 year ago

... I am still only able to edit and respond to posts from the Xfinity app. Those options do not work in a web browse for me.

It's an on and off problem and may depend on which browser you are using. See ‎Can’t Post Forum Question from Computer , Description Field is Grayed Out.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

1 year ago

Hello, @S-J70180. Thanks for letting us know about this situation. To confirm, you did sign in, correct? Or did you try the link provided on the previous post? If not, here's the link again. Direct Messaging.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

1 year ago

The DM option appears after you have created first public post. And you should be able to see it long as you are logged in to the Forums. Would you mind logging out and logging back in? I would also suggest using different browsers to see if that helps. 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

I am logged in using my Xfinity ID and I tried the link provided in the previous post. However, I have noticed that I am only able to edit and respond to posts when I’m using the Xfinity app on my iPhone or iPad. If I try responding to or editing a post using a web browser, the response is not posted and the text on the edit page is hidden. Something is definitely wrong with the forums or my forums account.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

This is definitely odd. To be completely honest, I have not seen any issues reported on this. Have you tried different browsers? Or an incognito page/private? How about any other devices? We also recommend, clearing your browser cache and cookies and try again. 

(edited)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

I just realized that I selected the Opt Out from Direct Messaging on my Xfinity Community forums account. I thought that was related to direct messaging of advertising from Xfinity. I undid that selection and I can now post direct messages. However, I am still only able to edit and respond to posts from the Xfinity app. Those options do not work in a web browse for me.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here