Direct message june 26, 2023

Where do I write a direct message?

Official Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

1 year ago

@user_e51129 

As mentioned by user @MNtundraRET you must start by authoring a public post first. If needed, our Xfinity Support team will reach out to you requesting you to send our team a direct message. Sending unsolicited/unrequested direct messages to our team, another Official Employee, or any other Xfinity Forum user is a violation of our Xfinity Forum Guidelines and our Xfinity Forum Acceptable Use Policy. We ask that all users review those guidelines thoroughly as violations to those posted rules could result in a revocation of a user's Xfinity Forum posting privileges. Please remember, by having an account and utilizing these forums, you have already agreed to the rules, policies, and guidelines contained within those documents as well as any other posted documents throughout the community. 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityJessie​ 

you don’t seem to understand. I have posted my question about peacock premium along with many other people yesterday and none got answers that worked. Posting on the forum didn’t solve the issues people had.

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@user_e51129 

I apologize for the confusion, the information you have received on this thread is specific to your original question that started this thread about, which is how to send forum direct messaging. Hence the response from me about how direct messaging works as well as our guidelines around the direct message process. As mentioned, if you made a post about another topic, if needed, our team will invite you to send them a direct message if they need additional account-specific details or additional information. If they do not invite you to send the team a direct message, then we ask that you please refrain from doing so. 

Additionally, we ask that all comments/replies to a post be related to the original post (staying on-topic). If you have new questions, we ask that you please start a new thread about that new topic and keep the conversations separate as to ensure we reduce confusion. This also ensures other users with similar questions only see information relevant to that topic on a thread. Please remember, off-topic replies are a violation of our Xfinity Forum Guidelines/Acceptable Use Policy. 

Although off-topic from this thread, the latest information about the recent Peacock Premium updates can be found here: https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/channels-and-programming/peacock-subscription-activations/649b1cdece76231eba5587fa

Please let us know here if you have any other questions related to Xfinity Forum direct messaging. 

(edited)

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

1 year ago

You cannot post a DM without posting you problem first on the forum. You will be given permission to DM by the employee replying about your problem.

Visitor

• 

22 Messages

@MNtundraRET​ That is not correct. I was able to DM with no previous interaction with support.

Expert

• 

30.5K Messages

@user_b259e3

@MNtundraRET​ That is not correct. I was able to DM with no previous interaction with support.

If an Official Employee did not request you to send a DM and you sent one anyway, you were in violation of the Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Expert

• 

104.3K Messages

1 year ago

The concern is not "Channels And Programming" help related......................... Topic moved here to the proper help section, and for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

Thank you, but I’ve given up trying to get an answer that works from xfinity.  

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

1 year ago

@user_e51129 

I just checked under your ID name. Every message you sent was: "Where do I write a direct message?"

Not once did you ever send a message explaining your real problem first.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here