S

Friday, August 11th, 2023 12:32 AM

Closed

YouTube app - rewind or forward audio issues

After going back or forward while watching a video using the YouTube app, then playing the audio is lost for a few seconds. This is frustrating as you cannot figure out what was said.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

11 months ago

Hello, @shaamer. Thanks for posting on our community forums. I'm sorry to hear about the app issues you have been experiencing. Are you experiencing the lagging issue with any other app? Or on any other device? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far? Did you try manually rebooting the modem or through our Xfinity App?  

2 Messages

11 months ago

This issue happens on the Youtube app only. It does not happen on my phone or the Roku Youtube app.

I have disconnected the Flex power to reboot the device. no change.

Official Employee

• 

715 Messages

I have seen some success with a few customers in the past with changing the audio settings on the Flex box, which helps improve or eliminate the delay when rewinding/fast-forwarding a video on YouTube. Have you given this a try already by chance?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here