U

Sunday, September 22nd, 2024 9:54 PM

XUMO BOX, Error: TVAPP - 00500? Please don't make me talk with the Agents through the app, it is frustrating.

I just decided (The worst decision ever so far in my life) to switch from Directv to Xfinity to "Take advantage" of the TV Service. Well, It's been just frustrating. Xfinity Stream (which is the reason why I absurdly considered switch services) Does't work at all. It just gives me the Error Code on the screen and doesn't do nothing. 

Is there any quick and normal resolution for this? I really don't have the time to deal with this any longer. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

6 days ago

Good afternoon and happy Sunday @user_9xacfj, thank you for reaching out on our Community Forums with your Stream app issues, rest assured our team is here to help and appreciates and values your time greatly. I'm sorry to hear that it has been a frustrating experience since you decided to switch services, this is definitely not how we want our valuable customers to feel and will do our best to turn the situation around. We'd be happy to run through some troubleshooting steps. To confirm, is this only happening on your Xumo box or are you experiencing this issue on any other devices as well? Are you experiencing issues with any other apps? 

5 Messages

Thank you for the prompt Response.

The main issue with "Xfinity Stream" App that doesn't work, therefore I'm unable to watch "Live TV". 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

You're more than welcome @user_9xacfj, we value your time working with us and want to help get this resolved as quickly as possible. Thank you for confirming that the main issue with the Stream app is that it doesn't work and you are unable to watch TV. We'd be happy to run through some troubleshooting steps. If needed, we can get a ticket submitted over to our expert Advanced Repair team for further resolution. Rest assured our team wants to make sure this gets fixed. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app? Have you also tried restarting your equipment? Please let us know if these steps help. 😀

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

Correct, I have tried restarting and resetting, but I am not sure how to remove the App from the Xumo box and reinstall it again. 

Can you give me the step by step?

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you for your patience @user_9xacfj, we appreciate it! Thank you for trying to restart and reset it, we appreciate you taking the time to try that. Can you also confirm that the app is up-to-date? Have you also tried clearing locally stored data by following the instructions on our website here https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-clear-cookies-and-local-data-storage.

Please let us know if either of these steps work, if not, we'll have you send us a Direct Message so we can take a closer look and if needed, get a ticket submitted over to our wonderful and expert Repair Team for further resolution. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

Hi, 

I just tried, It didn't work. 

Any other option available? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here