U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, June 25th, 2022 1:32 AM

Closed

XR16 not pairing with RCA TV

I just received my Flex TV box, and the remote will not pair with my RCA TV (MODEL: RTU4300-E). It will attempt several times through the setup screen, but none of them are successful. I even tried different subsidiary and associated brands of RCA, thinking maybe they were borrowing from each other's tool bins, but to no avail. Help!

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

2 years ago

@user_a4f127, Thank you for reaching out with your remote pairing question. Here are a few things to try. Aim the Voice Remote at your X1 TV Box or Flex TV Box, press the Microphone (Voice) button, and say, "Program remote." Follow the on-screen instructions. As you proceed through the instructions, you may see a picture of your remote.

If that doesn’t work or if you don’t have a Voice Remote, you can also:

1. Aim your remote at the TV Box (must have a clear line of sight).
  2. Press the A button on your remote.
  3. Choose Remote Setup on your TV.
  4. You’ll be asked, “Do you want to use your remote to control your TV power and volume?” Select Yes.
  5. You’ll receive a notification that your remote is now paired for voice control. You’ll then be asked, “Would you like to control your TV using your remote?” Select Yes.
  6. Type in the brand of your TV using the on-screen letters and numbers, if applicable. Then, select OK.
  7. You should see a notification that your remote is now ready to pair. Select OK.
  8. Confirm your pairing was successful by attempting to adjust the volume on your TV.
    • If you can adjust the volume with your remote, select It Works!
    • If you cannot adjust the volume with your remote, select It Doesn’t Work, and repeat the process again.

Once your Voice Remote is paired, follow the on-screen instructions to set up power, volume, and input control for your TV and audio equipment.

Let us know if you still need assistance after trying these steps. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

This process is not working for my TV. I have tried it many times.

Problem Solver

• 

909 Messages

@user_a4f127 Thank you for reaching out to us regarding the pairing not working. Have you attempted the below codes? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here