A

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, January 6th, 2023 2:26 PM

Closed

XR16 Blue Blinking

Hello Xfinity!

I am helping out my disabled neighbor who's XR16 remote has a fast blue blink along with the keypad blinking. This often happens right after putting the batteries in, though sometimes it comes up normally when inserted (lights turn on, then fade out until a button is pressed) but then after a minute or so will return to this fast blue blink. Here is a video of the error condition:

I have also tried the remote reset procedure to no avail.

Thank you!

Official Employee

• 

842 Messages

2 years ago

Thank you for reaching out to our Xfinity Forum, @AVMan. My name is Kim and I will be happy to help. Will you please send our team a direct message with your full name and your neighbors full name and full address?
~~~~
To send a "Direct Message" message:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Hello Kim,

In the past couple days since posting the remote started working again. Are there any suggestions for when/ if it happens again, or should I bring it to our local Xfinity store for a replacement?

Thank you for reaching out

Problem Solver

• 

770 Messages

That is great to read, and you are too kind to help your neighbor, I wish more would do the same! You can try a factory restart, I posted steps below. If this does not work, a replacement would be the next step. 👍 

1. Simultaneously press and hold the Info (i) button and the Home button (house icon) until the status light on the remote blinks. This takes about 5 seconds.
  2. Press Power, then Last (<- arrow), then Volume Down (-) on your remote in sequence to complete a factory reset. Once this is complete, you can retry pairing your XR16 Flex remote.

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here