U

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

Friday, March 4th, 2022 9:02 PM

Closed

XR 16 Flex remote

I have paired volume and power but am not able to toggle between "TV inputs". I don't like to use  my TV remote for that.

Official Employee

• 

292 Messages

3 years ago

Hello, @user_9e462e, thank you for letting us know about the issues that you are having with the XR-16 flex remote! We appreciate it! When you push the 'TV Input' does the remote flash when you press that button? 

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks for responding. No, the light stays steady red even if I press and hold the "TV input" button for 20 seconds.

Official Employee

• 

292 Messages

3 years ago

Okay, thank you so much. Do any of the other buttons give that same steady red light or is it isolated to just the TV input? 

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

3 years ago

When I push "info" and "home " simultaneously then the the red light blinks briefly and turns to green.

I don't know what that tells you but as I indicated pairing power and volume was no problem.

Official Employee

• 

292 Messages

Okay, thank you. This might sound strange but what brand of TV do you have?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

3 years ago

I thought I posted my problem publicly. You make this forum a whole science.

Official Employee

• 

292 Messages

We do want to help and we are just trying to get down to what is causing the issue with the remote. It can be a bit tricky, depending on the brand of TV or even the year it came out, as some TVs require more than one pairing code. On the flip side of that, the newer TVs do not always get full functionality right away and take time for updates to come out to get further functionality. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

Nicky, it's a 55 " Philips TV about 3 to 4 years old.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.9K Messages

@user_9e462e

• Press and hold the Microphone (Voice) button and say, "Program remote."
  • You can also get there by going to the Settings page, selecting Remote Settings and then Voice remote pairing.
  • Or you can use our online Remote Code Lookup tool or the Xfinity My Account app.

We also have this option for you to find the remote codes for your specific brand of TV here: 

https://comca.st/3CiqUec

Let us know if that works for you. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

I did that already numerous times but that goes as far as volume and power pairing and I got that

it does not "talk" about how to pair "TV input."  And as far as an input a code you should know

that this remote doesn't have a "keyboard"

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.9K Messages

@user_93462e 

Have you tried doing a full factory reset on the remote and trying to repair it after wards? 

Just in case and for those who might need to try: 

1. Simultaneously press and hold the i button and the Home button [house icon] until the status light on the remote blinks. This takes about 5 seconds.
  2. Press Power, then Last (<- arrow), then Volume Down (-) on your remote in sequence to complete the factory reset. Once this is complete you can retry pairing your XR16 remote.

(edited)

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here