U

Sunday, August 13th, 2023 5:41 PM

Closed

Xfinity flex

Hi there, my Xfinity flex has never had the option to cast from my phone and I'm trying to get it working. I though unplugging my device from Ethernet and connecting it to the Wi-Fi that my devices are using might be the fix but it still didn't show up. I then double checked the mobile video casting option was turned on and restarted the device fully but still no casting option on YouTube or any other of the main apps. My Chromecast comes up on the list but not the Xfinity flex.

Any help would be very appreciated!

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

11 months ago

Hello, @user_52dca3 

To cast select apps’ content from your mobile device to an X1 TV Box or Flex streaming TV Box, you’ll need the following:

• A supported Xfinity Gateway with Xfinity Internet service.
    • Supported Gateways: xFi Wireless Gateway (XB3), xFi Advanced Gateway (XB6 and higher)
    • A mobile device connected to your in-home network.
    • Supported apps include: Netflix, Spotify and YouTube.
      For information on each mobile app and how to cast, please refer to:

To turn on or off mobile casting:

1. Press the xfinity button (X1 or Flex) or home button (Flex) on your remote.
  2. Use the right or left arrow buttons to get to the gear icon, then press OK to go to Settings.
  3. Use the up or down arrow buttons to get to Privacy, then press OK.
  4. Go to Mobile Video Casting and press OK to change the setting as you’d like.

The Mobile Video Casting option is displayed as the second of three options on the Privacy screen.

Note: Mobile casting is turned off by default on X1. On Flex, it’s defaulted to on.

Then check out this support article https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/cast-xfinity-stream-to-chromecast for that specific device. Let us know what issues you run into so we can assist further. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here