CCJohnL's profile

Retired Employee

• 

154 Messages

Sunday, September 11th, 2022 4:06 PM

Closed

Xfinity Flex XiOne TV Box

We know some Xfinity Flex customers may be seeing three dots on-screen or are stuck on the Welcome screen or in a restart loop. To resolve this issue, you’ll need to perform a factory reset of your streaming TV Box. Here’s how to do it:

1. While Powering ON the device, press and hold the WPS button on the XiOne box for 10-15 seconds.
  2. The LED will change to amber.
  3. The Disaster Recovery Image will launch.
  4. The box will now update firmware and continue from there.

These steps can also be found in Complete a Factory Reset on an Xfinity Flex Streaming TV Box. Please know that a factory reset of your streaming TV Box will not affect your DVR recordings; however, all other settings, including future scheduled DVR recordings, will need to be reset. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I’ve done all recommendations for this an my box is still stuck on black screen. @XfinityJohnL 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Your link does not work

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@user_cb85a7 I am sorry the link to the post above did not work for you. Have you had a chance to try these steps? 

1. While Powering ON the device, press and hold the WPS button on the XiOne box for 10-15 seconds.
  2. The LED will change to amber.
  3. The Disaster Recovery Image will launch.
  4. The box will now update firmware and continue from there.
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here