T

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Friday, September 16th, 2022 7:48 PM

Closed

Xfinity Flex has just "lost" its YouTube TV clickable icon

I've been enjoying YouTube TV supplied through my Flex box since I began my Xfinity service about 3 months ago.  However, since at least Wednesday, Sept. 14, 2022, the clickable icon for YouTube TV is no longer present when I start up my Flex box.  But if I use the remote control's voice command, and say YouTube TV, I am promptly connected to this subscription service.  However, when I exit from this service to enter Hulu or Prime Video, I have to use voice command to regain entry into YouTube TV.  FYI, clickable start-up icons are provided to enter YouTube & YouTube Kids.  So, the actual connecting "portal" is present & working for YouTube TV via Xfinity's Flex software, it's just the clickable icon to enter this portal that is missing. 

I have contacted Xfinity Support twice about this concern, but to no avail.  During my 2nd online chat I was informed that they were "aware" of YouTube TV problems, and was told to wait a day or so for it to be "resolved"; I did, it didn't.

Problem Solver

• 

954 Messages

2 years ago

Hello @ticklicker. I am sad to hear you have been having issues with YouTube TV app on the Xfintiy Flex box. It has been a couple of days since you reached out. Are you still having issues or where you able to get this resolved? 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityAaron​ 

YoutubeTV icon on home screen -

I lost mine as well since Aug 2022.   

For over 2 years, I was able to access YouTube TV icon on the home screen.

I now need to use the voice command to get to the Youtube TV app.

I think Xfinity automagically :) added new app icons and removed Youtube TV from the main screen.

Is this because YouTubeTV is a competitor to Xfinity Streaming services?

New Problem Solver

• 

617 Messages

Hi @XfinityPlsRespectCustomerTime

I appreciate you reaching out to share your experience with us. I know when things are not working how they used to be, it can be concerning. I'd be happy to look into this and see what we can figure out to get the YouTube TV icon to reappear! 

Please send us a Peer to Peer message so that I can gather private account information.  

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the “chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@XfinityAaron

Hi Aaron, 

Unfortunately the YouTube TV icon has not returned to my Flex box's software display.  I still have to access it by using the remote's voice command feature.

Official Employee

• 

330 Messages

Hello @ticklicker Thanks for the update and we'd be happy to do more in-depth troubleshooting to get this fixed. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.
To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

2022-10-25

Xfinity Flex - YouTube TV icon inoperable

Today I set up Xfinity Flex.  It was super easy and took less than ten minutes which included the onscreen set up prompts. 

I settled in to enjoy watching YouTube and testing two subscription channels:  Peacock, and Prime Video.  Both worked great. 

Moving on to watch YouTube TV, I selected the App, read the usual third party redirect notice on the screen and waited for the App to execute but there was a deafening silence.  Nothing happened.  I spent the next 90 minutes troubleshooting and all these hours later, the App still remains dead. 

I decided to call Xfinity Technical Support to find a solution to this issue.  Bottom line, the support agent told me that this issue was on the Xfinity end and the problems with the App had nothing to do with my Xfinity WiFi or my YouTube Premium/YouTube TV accounts.   

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

Hi, my "missing" YouTubeTV icon finally returned 3 weeks after I reported the problem (and after repeated unsuccessful attempts to resolve the issue with Customer Service).  What was strange is that I still could access the portal that allows YouTubeTV to feed into my tv WHEN I issued the voice command "YouTubeTV" using the provided tiny remote control.

Given that you already have a displayed YouTubeTV icon that doesn't work, this solution likely won't work for you - but it may be worth a try!

I've read elsewhere in this forum stories similar to yours...but I believe they eventually get resolved after a tech rep takes interest and offers to help via this forum.

Good luck!

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@ticklicker​ Hopefully you'll continue to use the Flex box and YT TV App without any further issue.  Our Xfinity rep gave us the Flex box two months ago but I installed it just today. We use ROKU on one TV and it's completely effortless.  No snags or missing/dead apps.  If Xfinity can't resolve this problem with the YT TV App then it's worth the $30 investment in another Roku to take the place of Flex. 

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

954 Messages

Hello @carolofark. Are you still in need of help, or were you able to get this resolved? -Aaron 

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here