U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, December 3rd, 2022 5:07 PM

Closed

Xfinity flex charge

I recently moved and ended my service with Xfinity, however, I've been charged $120 for unreturned equipment. I used my own router and modem and later found out it was the Xfinity flex. At the time of start of service, they said the flex was free with the internet as a promo, and didn't mention anything about returning it. I've used it once, and it wasn't even good and ended up getting a fire stick anyways. I donated it to someone else to use before knowing it needs to be returned. I've talked to customer service agents and have heard different things about it needing to be returned vs not. I'm extremely unhappy with Xfinity's inconsistent customer service and the fact that I now have to pay for $120 for equipment that 1) i didn't need, and 2) didn't work well. I will not be using xfinity again, and have told others about my experience. If anyone can help me solve this issue, I'm open to a call. Thanks. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

2 years ago

@user_48c1aa Hi there! Thanks for the post. I'm sorry to learn about the experience with trying to get that unreturned equipment fee off. I understand the frustration with all of this. In the future, our equipment can't be donated and be used with other accounts or services. Each equipment that we own is linked to accounts with specific serial numbers and mac addresses. So the friend likely won't even be able to use it. That being said, I would be happy to help get the equipment off the account for you. Please send us a private message with your full name and service address. 

To send the requested information in a private message to Xfinity Support from any Forum page:
 •  Make sure you are signed in here in the Xfinity Forum. Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Direct Message" icon (square chat icon in the upper right corner of your screen next to the bell icon)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here