L

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, April 9th, 2023 9:35 PM

Closed

Xfinity, Apple TV+, and MLS Season Pass **Hidden** Remote Controller Button Function

​​We just blindly figured out how to access the full-match replays of MLS games with the Xfinity remote, Apple TV+ (app), and MLS Season Pass. Prior to today, we had to AirPlay from our Mac because the only place we could locate these elusive full-match replays was through the AppleTV+ app on our Mac. I didn't find the solution online so I thought others might want to know how we finally figured it out.​​

​​Scenario: We want to watch a full-match replay of an MLS game using AppleTV+ and MLS Season Pass ​​

​​- Launch ​​​​AppleTV+​​​​ on your Flex streaming box​​

​​- Select ​​​​MLS​​​​ on the top menu​​

​​- Scroll to the tile of the match you want to watch, press OK*​​

​​* You might want to mute your audio because AppleTV+ seems to default to a 6-minute recap of the match. It has even automatically started the recap.​​

​​- Continue scrolling down the menu until you locate the large ​​​​MLS Season Pass​​​​ tile. It's usually near the very bottom of this screen.​​

​​- When ​​​​MLS Season Pass​​​​ tile is highlighted, look closely for the tiny text that reads "press and hold for other versions." ​​​​DO NOT PRESS OK​​​​. Instead, press and hold the ​​​​"A" triangle button​​​​ on your Xfinity remote. This will magically present you with three replay options: 6-minute replay, full-match replay, and the full-match replay in Spanish.​​

​​- Select the version you want to watch​​

​​It's a complete mystery why this integral option is hidden behind a rarely used button, but there it is.​​

​*UPDATE*​

​Turns out that the "I" info button performs the same hidden function as the "A" Triangle button.​ Now if only someone can tell me how to access the local radio broadcast for Sounders matches... These AppleTV+ announcers are dreadful.

No Responses!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here