AZBruno's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Thu, Jul 22, 2021 11:45 PM

Will I lose Peacock Premium if I return the Flex box

I have XFinity for internet and voice but not TV.

I got the Flex box so I could also get Peacock Premium. After trying the box I felt it was a very poor performer compared to my Roku and Fire TV so I unplugged the Flex. I can access Peacock Premium on my other devices so that works well for me. I also did a check of the power usage and found the Flex box uses 3 times the power as the other streaming sticks. In my state we are all doing what we can to avoid wasting power, which isn't cheap here.

Today I got an email from Xfinity asking me to return the Flex box because I wasn't using it. It was not quite a demand, but a request to either use it or return it.

If I was to return the Flex box, would I lose Peacock Premium?

If I don't return it, I guess I could plug it in once in a while just so I can keep it. I turned it on today for about an hour.

Responses

Official Employee

• 

181 Messages

2 m ago

Hi there @AZBruno! Thank you so much for reaching out to us here on our Xfinity Forums platform. I definitely understand wanting to use the Peacock Premium app on your favorite devices. Please visit https://comca.st/3yg8Kqw for more information. Essentially, yes, you can still use your Roku and Fire TV to stream. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions at all! 😊

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 m ago

I've read the response and I have read through the referenced FAQ and it still does not answer my question in an unambiguous manner.

From the FAQ I read...

"Current customers have Peacock Premium (a $4.99 value) bundled at no additional cost if you have:

• Xfinity TV service and Xfinity Internet
  • Xfinity Flex with your Xfinity Internet
  • Xfinity TV-only (Digital Starter tier and above) on third-party devices such as mobile phones, tablets and PCs
  • Xfinity Internet-only with Flex
    • Add a Flex streaming TV Box to your account at no additional cost to start using the app."

Either of the underlined situations may apply to me. But what is not clear is what happens if I return the Flex box because the box itself is not particularly useful to me. Does that mean I would no longer have Flex, and therefore would lose the Peacock Premium service?

I think what I'll do is just keep the box and turn it on once in a while.

Official Employee

• 

155 Messages

Hi @AZBruno. Thank you once again for using our services, and for reaching out to us in our Community Forum. We really do appreciate your business. I also want to thank you for showing the interest you have in Peacock. I watch it quite frequently myself. There are a lot of shows that I miss, that I can now watch there.

With that said, to be eligible for the Peacock channel (without the fee), you would need to subscribe to 2 services from us, whether that is internet and Xfinity Flex, or internet and TV. Once you have access to Peacock, you can register or update your profile to watch the Peacock app from other compatible third party devices by going to https://comca.st/2Wy5LvK. To verify if your 3rd party device is compatible, please visit: https://comca.st/2WJdXJN

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New to the Community?

Start Here