craigwf62's profile

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

Fri, Sep 24, 2021 5:42 AM

Using voice control without pairing to my TV

It seems that in order to use Voice Control you MUST pair the remote to your TV/set-box.  There are reasons why I don't want to have the XR-16 remote operating my Samsung TV controls.  Please tell me how to get the XR-16 to operate by voice command without pairing it to my TV (I don't have a set-box).

Accepted Solution

XfinityChad2

Official Employee

• 

192 Messages

4 m ago

The xr-16 works with a flex device, press the mic button to start the pairing flow.  Once paired skip the programming to Tv steps.  You  are not required to pair to TV. 

craigwf62

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

@XfinityChad2

Thanks for replying, but yesterday when I first set up the Flex, voice commands worked.  I later unpaired the remote from my TV and voice commands no longer worked.  What do you suggest?

XfinityChad2

Official Employee

• 

192 Messages

Maybe you factory reset the remote.  Press the mic button again to pair again. 

or your getting the voice command aren’t working message? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

259 Messages

@craigwf62 [Edited username to remove PII], Hmm, have you tried to unpair again and pair it? Please reset your flex box first and then pair the remote. Please let us know if that does the trick. 

(edited)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
craigwf62

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

Thanks.  I reset the device and then started setup over again, this time declining to pair it with my TV, and voice command work.  All fixed. 

New to the Community?

Start Here