W

Friday, December 22nd, 2023 11:18 PM

Closed

Upgrade Peacock

I had Peacock before Xfinity offered it with their internet service. When Xfinity started offering it I signed up for it in Xfinity. I am trying to upgrade Peacock to the Premium Plus with no commercials and have talked to technical support multiple times and never gotten anywhere. When I go to my Flex box and go to Apps & Subscriptions it tells me "You have no app subscriptions yet". I have talked to Peacock and they tell me it is an Xfinity issue and Xfinity can't fix it. I need help - I want to upgrade my Peacock subscription without cancelling everything and starting from scratch. How do I do this?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.6K Messages

6 months ago

... I am trying to upgrade Peacock to the Premium Plus with no commercials ...

You can't upgrade free Premium to Premium Plus. They made several bizarre decisions when they decided to yank Peacock back in the summer, and one of them is, if you have the free Peacock Premium, you can't get the ad-free Premium Plus version by paying the excess over Premium.

To get Plus, you'd have to create a new Peacock account with a different email address and pay the full Premium Plus price. The last sentence of https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/peacock-subscription-faqs reads:

If you receive Peacock Premium through NOW TV, Gigabit speed internet or Xfinity Rewards, you cannot upgrade to Peacock Premium Plus through Xfinity at this time.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

2 Messages

Well that explains it.  Thank you for pointing me there.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here