U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, July 11th, 2023 5:19 PM

Closed

TV Set Box has a bad coaxial cable port...

I've tried swapping out different cables and splitters (from Xfinity store), but the image intermittently gets blocky, and the sound will drop out.

This only happens with the TV signal, content from streaming apps work fine.

Can I bring this in to their store and swap it out for another, or do I have to deal with phone support and have them send me a new one?

TIA.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

1 year ago

@user_d76a5c  I would recommend doing some troubleshooting via our awesome xfinity app, if those issue can’t be resolved remotely then the app will help you schedule for tech to come out and fix the issue, as the tech will check all the signals and connection coming into the home and if the box does need to be replaced,  the tech will do that, I recommend that option as if you replace the box and have the same issues still your only delaying the time to get the issues fixed 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityOrlandoM​ Thanks. I went through support just now and they ran some remote tests. I'm not home right now, so I can't tell if it was able to improve the signal. I will test later and return the box this weekend if needed. The poor signal is manageable for the time being.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

1 year ago

@user_d76a5c Yes when you get home see if it's resolved if not go through the app again as when you home it will have you test out other things with the connections as well

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here