U

Saturday, December 2nd, 2023 2:03 AM

Closed

Threw away old Flex Box and now getting charged for an extra one

When I changed my plan online, I was sent a new Flex box automatically even though I already had one from my previous plan that was about a year old. When I had to speak to someone at Xfinity about the changes to my plan (because it can't just be done online), they said I could keep the Flex box I already had or return it and use the new one. They did not say I would be charged an extra $5 for the old one if I kept it as a secondary box. I only have 1 TV. I only need 1 Flex box, so I threw away the old one. Now I see that the website says it has to be returned, but like some of the other people on the forum, I was told by an Xfinity representative that it was optional to return it. So now I have to pay over $100 for a free box I wasn't told I absolutely had to return, to get a $5 monthly charge taken off my account?! That doesn't seem ethical. I already talked to someone at Xfinity about this issue, but they were only interested in trying to sell me a mobile plan and said they would pass on my issue to someone else and I would get a call, it's been weeks. Someone from Xfinity, please help. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

7 months ago

Hi, @user_zs64np. I thank you for creating a new post and contributing to the Forums community. I see you received information that didn't match our policy. As a result, there was confusion regarding the box and return process. The Flex box is considered a rental device, so it is expected to be returned if swapped out or will no longer be used. 

There may be a chance we assumed you wanted to keep it as an extra box which is an option as you read on the Flex Overview page. In that case, the first box is free and the secondary box is $5.00 per month. Regardless, I see you no longer have the box at this point. What I can do is help process the ticket to report it lost, so we can cover the next steps to find a resolution. 

I ask that you reach out privately, so we can cover the details of your account. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here