Davidr2389's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, August 18th, 2020 11:00 AM

Closed

Stuck at “Pairing your set-tip box with Wireless gateway”

Box was working fine. Now it stays at the “Let’s start by pairing your set-top box with your wireless gateway.” Screen.

- Have my own modem.
- Remote will not work to select the 2 options of “initiate pairing” and “Manual Setup”

Like I said the box was working fine for about a week. No it’s stuck here. Have unplugged and let sit for over a day, plug it back in and get the same screen after the welcome screen. Not sure why the remote won’t work but this would be resolved if I could select manual setup like I did the first time. Please help.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

4 years ago

can you scroll b/w the two options just the OK button doesn't work? or remote doesn't work at all?  Can you try pairing via WPS?  There is a button on the bottom of the flex device, press that and follow the on-screen instructions.  

Did you try removing/adding the batteries?

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I can not select between the 2 options. I have tried the WPS buttons and it hasn’t worked. Tried removing batteries and unplugging for extended period of time. 😞 sadly nothing works. The device won’t work at all. Frustrating.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

4 years ago

Can you try unpairing your remote and see if that helps?  go to xfinity.com/unpair and follow the steps

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Already did this. Coming to the forum was essentially a last resort as I tried everything the website has listed out, and couldn’t get direct contact via chat. Was stuck with the robo assistant suggesting the same thing each time. Appreciate the attempts to help but looks like the Flex won’t be for me. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

4 years ago

Sorry, you are still having issues.  Are you able to swap your device for a new flex device at one of our Xfinity retail stores?   Seems strange that it was working one day and all of a sudden you lost your internet connection. 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Hello,

I'm having the same issue. Did you ever find an actual solution?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

4 years ago

Can you try and connect your device via an ethernet cable to your modem and see if that helps you get past that screen? 

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

4 years ago

Same issue here started today. I have had quite a few issues with the xi6 box since getting it a month ago. This screen came on and there is no way to toggle between the "initiate pairing" and "Manual Setup".  Prior to this screen I woke up to "A software update is in progress software writing" with a progress bar of 100% with 0% done for over 2 hours. Error code RKD-03012-0. 

After chatting with support for almost 40 minutes and about 6 different signals being sent to the box they said a technician needs to come out. 

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

4 years ago

The modem is in the next room and with all the kids online schooling at the moment I can’t. I can try that later and see if it works.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

4 years ago

OK, so if the remote is not working, can you try unpairing?  instructions are at xfinity.com/unpair.   Also please make sure you are pointing the remote directly at the front of the device. 

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

4 years ago

No.. same screen. I just assume the remote unpaired since I got the blue flashing lights on it after entering the code.

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

4 years ago

I can’t pair it back since I get nothing on the screen and the voice control won’t work now.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

4 years ago

So what screen do you see now?  The pairing screen?  

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

4 years ago

Yes I can unpair the remote

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

4 years ago

Yes between me and the 3 agents I spoke with we rebooted all the boxes about 8 times. I unplugged them all, they sent signals, I also refreshed each one individually.. nothing works. This started as I said with this xi6 box showing error code of RDK-03012-0 first thing this morning. Then after all the calls with Comcast and 4-5 hours later, this new Pairing message appeared. Now it's stuck on that.

Yes I am standing in front of the box with the remote. Although, since you had me unpair it, I am not sure what good standing so close to the box would do since it is no longer paired?

The screen actually just changed back to the original error message I had since this morning.. ugh!

1 Attachment

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here