K

Wednesday, January 17th, 2024 3:46 PM

Streaming on ALL secondary devices... Roku, Firestick, Smart TVs

Since October 2022, I have had issues with 2 Firesticks getting an error code saying there is no access to stream.  I have called CS SEVERAL times AND have been on online chats, SEVERAL times. They said sometimes firesticks don't work.   I bought an LG TV to rectify the situation and same thing happened, so then I bought a Roku.... same thing, same error code.  They FINALLY sent a technician out and he never saw this particular error code before. He couldn't figure it out on my TV, or my Roku.  He saw on my account that I had called in several times, and there are a TON of notes regarding this.   He called his 'SPECIAL" customer service number, got right through and she said this is a national problem with no fix date, therefore I went through all that for nothing.  If that were the case, other people would have the same issue AND all of Customer Service should knonw about it.  SO, I switched to Xfinity stream with the notion that I can use a firestick or Roku on my other TVs.  Since that isn't happening, I should get flex boxes for free for my TVs... OR I should get a lower price being that I can only stream on 1 TV.   In order to watch TV anywhere else, I have to use the app on my  phone and mirror it to the TV.  That is not something I paid for.  This needs to be rectified.  

Official Employee

• 

244 Messages

5 months ago

I would like to look into this further with you. I know the Xfinity Stream app works with Fire TV and on LG, Samsung and Xumo Smart TVs  along with specific Roku models, but there are certain models of LG and Samsung TVs it no longer works on. I know in the past our Beta version of the Xfinity Stream app worked on Fire Sticks but it now is listed to work with Fire TV and not the Fire Sticks. Our website and apps are updated frequently to ensure the optimization of our systems working with compatible platforms. The full listing of partnered devices is here and does not currently list Fire Sticks specifically and I did find that Fire devices must be running Fire OS 6 or later. Can you tell me which model Roku and LG TV that you have and what OS your Fire Stick is running?

The links I provided here will go directly to our pages that outline the models of each device where the Xfinity Stream app would work. Also, if you could give me the error code that you get saying there's no access, the complete alphanumeric code, I can look into that further as well.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here