U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, September 26th, 2021 2:31 PM

Closed

Starz sign in

Why can I not sign in to my existing Starz account?!? What is the point of flex if it wants me to resubscribe?!? Rediculous . 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

3 years ago

Hey @user_003fe8 Thank you for reaching out through our Community Forums.Unfortunately, if you subscribe to the following: Cinemax, Starz and/or EPIX online, you'll need to cancel your existing subscription and purchase these services through Comcast in order to access them on your Xfinity Flex streaming TV Box.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityEva Why? I pay for my HBO service separately yet I can log in to that account through my Flex box. Why not STARZ? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityEva​ This is so ridiculous. Every time I turn around, Comcast has another plan to take more money from customers. I guess the $70/mo I pay for internet isn't enough for you--you need to cash in on other companies' apps too.

Problem Solver

• 

606 Messages

@user_272fed and @XfinityEva The following can be found along with all the other FAQ's regarding The Flex equipment at https://comca.st/3s2XdcA;

I currently subscribe to Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, Prime Video, HBO Max and/or other OTT subscription services. Can I keep watching on Xfinity Flex using my existing login information?
Yes. You'll be asked to sign in once you open the app on Xfinity Flex.

I currently subscribe to Cinemax, Starz and/or EPIX online. Can I continue watching on Xfinity Flex using my existing credentials?
No. You'll need to cancel your existing subscription and purchase these services through Comcast in order to access them on your Xfinity Flex streaming TV Box.

I currently subscribe to SHOWTIME online (or app). Can I continue watching on Xfinity Flex using my existing credentials?
Yes. You can access your existing subscription through the Showtime App on your Xfinity Flex streaming TV Box.

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityEva​ why are we required to subscribe through Xfinity in order to get Starz? Especially if you allow us to login to plenty of other platforms without going through Xfinity. That’s absolutely ridiculous. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same problem with CuriosityStream and other content providers. If you already paid for an account on the providers website, then you have to pay again to subscribe and watch it on Xfinity. Xfinity and the content providers do a poor job of making this double-payment situation clear, because they both profit from the confusion. Most content providers subscriptions are non-refundable.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

So if I cancel my STARZ to resubscribe through Xfinity on Flex, will I still be able to log in to STARZ on my other devices once resubscribed?

Official Employee

• 

2.5K Messages

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums. If you are currently paying for a subscription directly through Starz and using the app on other devices cancelling that subscription and signing up via our Flex service would be the same as if you were to have Starz added to a cable package. Starz does not offer access to their apps if you are subscribed to it via Xfinity so you wouldn't be able to log into your Starz app on your other devices with your Xfinity credentials. I'm truly sorry for any frustration this causes. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Then screw you guys. I’ll just play it from my phone and use apple AirPlay. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityBillie​ why can’t you change Flex so that you can login to Starz then? If you can login for Netflix, Hulu, ESPN+, etc. why can you not do the same for Starz? It’s insane that you allow people to log in through other platforms, yet you require people to resubscribe through Xfinity in order to watch Starz. And then if people do resubscribe, they can’t even watch Starz on their phone. That’s absolutely horrible. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_c98730 with each of these platforms they set the terms of use on how to use their subscriptions. Some do have 3rd party agreements with us that allow you to use your Xfinity credentials to log in and access your subscription that is billed through your Xfinity account but that is up to each platform as to the level of access you receive if you are billed indirectly or directly. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here