yamoinca's profile

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

Sunday, December 24th, 2023 6:50 PM

Closed

Some scheduled recordings do not show up

go through scheduled recording steps and it says series updated but then does not show up with red dots in guide like other scheduled recordings.

does not appear to be just a UX (red dot missing) issue, as shows aren’t recorded.

been going on for a while now. tried restarting the box and sync-info and still has issue.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

6 months ago

Hello @yamoinca, and thanks for reaching out with your recording concern. I would be happy to see why the series isn't recording for you. To confirm, do you have any other records set to start at the same time as the one you are setting up that will not begin, and how many if so please?

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

No. As an example scheduled recordings for tomorrow, Monday Dec 25, show two recordings on one channel. We are trying to schedule the recording of a series that starts tomorrow on the same channel, and time slot is between the other two recordings, but not directly adjacent.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@yamoinca I appreciate you clarifying that for me. Are either of the other two recordings set to start early or end late

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

no. Both are start and stop “on time”. Also just trying to setup the new recording the same, “on time”.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Thank you so much for checking that, @yamoinca! Do you have enough storage left to record the additional program? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

Yes. It shows 65% free.

today’s scheduled recording total about 3 hours.

currently it is only showing 2 shows scheduled tomorrow as mentioned both less than one hour. One before and one after.

The show that fails to appear with red dots is a one hour show.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 months ago

So..... No response in a month?  I have the exact same issue i.e. some recorded series do NOT show in the guide with the red dots so I have to manually check th the series IS being recorded.  This is a fairly new problem...last half year

1 Message

I'm quite irritated about this as well. I have noticed several times that it did not record a show that I had it set to record. When I have noticed I had to try to search for the same show, when the next time is it will be on TV and set it to record manually that 1 episode. I'm especially irritated right now because this is the second time that it has not recorded shows from an old series that I have it set to record All episodes. I know that it is Not recording a show because for example it recorded episodes 1 and 2 and then at the end of #2 I could see the beginning of #3 which was coming on next, but it did Not record #3 and as this is a very old series there is no telling when they will play that episode again. Very very irritating as I have it set correctly, have done everything correctly etc. I really wanted to watch that episode which I haven't been able to see yet.

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_521079 Hi there, I would like to look more into this for you. Please send us a direct message with your full name and service address. 

Here are the detailed steps to Direct Message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here