U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, December 1st, 2022 5:11 AM

Closed

Return issue with Xfinity Flex Streaming Box

I ordered a "free" Xfinity Flex Streaming box and didn't end up using it. I requested a return and followed the instructions to return it with the provided UPS label. Months after I returned it, I continued to receive requests to return the Flex Streaming box.

I contacted customer service on at least 5 separate occasions to inform them that I returned it and to get assurances that I wouldn't be charged. They claimed to denote that on my account each time and said I'd stop receiving the return requests. Now, more than two years later, I've canceled my Xfinity Internet service and they are charging me $120 for the Flex Streaming Box that I returned.

It's exactly what I feared would happen. This is why I dislike doing business with giant companies like Comcast (Xfinity). They treat their customers like numbers and know that they can charge you whatever because, eventually, the customer will give up, give in and fork over their bogus charges. I spoke with a customer service rep tonight that claimed to "raise a ticket" to clear this up. I seriously doubt it will. The rep also told me that I could download a transcript after our conversation, but that wasn't true. You can't download transcripts and I'll likely need to have the same conversation again.

I'm so tired of dealing with Xfinity over this. Has anyone else experienced this?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

2 years ago

Thank you for reaching out and letting me know of your experience. We do have a ticketing process to research the equipment on your account and I would love to get that going for you. Please send me a Direct Message with your name and service address so that I can fully dive into this for you! I will leave you instructions on how to initiate the message with us! I look forward to working with you soon!

- Click "Sign In" if necessary
- Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
- Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
- Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
- Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
- Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

@XfinityDena​ Thanks for your response. I've followed your instructions and messaged Xfinity Support.

I hope you're able to resolve this. At every step of the way, Xfinity employees have made promises that haven't been kept and provided erroneous information. I'll make sure to update this thread as the process unfolds to let other customers know what happens. 

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here