av11609's profile

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

Tuesday, March 15th, 2022 6:55 AM

Closed

Picture Quality on Flex

We recently changed from X1 to Flex. The picture quality has noticeably deteriorated. We’ve tried different picture settings like Dolby vision, standard, cinema, etc. we’ve tried changing brightness, contrast, etc. we’ve tried different resolutions. The skies are a cloudy grey no matter what movie. Colors are washed out Dark scenes are hard to decipher. The only streaming service that looks good is Disney. We got an outdoor antenna to get local channels and the picture is better on broadcast!  We have a good TV, OLED LG. On movies that should come in on 4K or HD the picture fluctuates in and out to SD. We went to Flex because Comcast has raised our bill twice this year. But I can’t tolerate this and have had such poor luck with calling support I don’t know what to do. They sent out a technician and he shrugged his shoulders and left! Any suggestions?

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

3 years ago

Problem solved. We connected the new Flex box and low and behold everything looked different. Accessing services is different.  The picture quality is great. We signed up for Flex at our local Xfinity store and I think they gave us an old or refurbished box that didn’t work. This is the second time we’ve received a defective device from the Comcast store. Be forewarned that if you have serious problems and have gone through the phone in support dance several times, ask for a new device!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here