U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, July 29th, 2023 5:54 AM

Closed

Paramount plus won't play anything but works fine outside of Flex.

In the past, I reluctantly resolved this issue by resetting, not just restarting, the Flex. It's a pain because then I have to sign into all my apps again but at least it fixed the issue in the past. 

Now, I have restarted it and also did a system refresh but it doesn't work any more and it also no longer clears my logins from all my apps. 

When I try to play ANYTHING on the Paramount plus app, it just sounds around for a long while then says "Something went wrong. Please try again later. ".

It's very frustrating and only halogens on my Flex. Other devices play Paramount without any issues. 

Please help fix this. 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

11 months ago

Hello, @user_f1e9b2! Can you check the model of the Flexbox you have? Paramount + App is compatible with Flex Xi6 streaming TV box and XiOne Flex streaming TV box. The Paramount+ app is not available on Flex Xi5 devices; however, a swap app is available on Xi5 devices allowing you to upgrade to a compatible streaming TV Box. Please follow the prompts to order a Getting Started kit to upgrade your streaming TV Box.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I have the Flex Xi6A. That makes sense since I have the Paramount+ app installed. I can't say for sure but I think it would be really helpful if there was a way to clear cache for a specific app and not have to completely reset the Flex causing all apps to go back to square one just to fix one app.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_f1e9b2 Thank you for your reply. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we have forwarded this over to our Engineering Team. We are always looking for ways to improve our interface and functionality. For now, you will need to reset the box if you are needing to refresh any of the apps. If you're still having trouble after doing that, please let us know.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here