U

Wednesday, June 26th, 2024 7:06 PM

no sound

I have no sound when I turn on my television that is connected to a Bose sound bar.  I have had this set up for years without any issues.  I now have no sound when I turn on the television and the only remedy is performing a hard restart where I unplug the set box, sound bar and wait 5 minutes for everything to reboot.  I would really want this fixed as it is becoming very aggravating.

Joe Nagle

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

3 months ago

Hello @user_06u8qq, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the sound, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address.

To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

4 Messages

just tried your directions, and can not get past the "New message" page - there is no pencil/paper icon that works.

Joe Nagle

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you for letting us know @user_06u8qq! Please check out this comment by BruceW with screenshots.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

I have no convestaions, therefore I am not able to click on the pencil/paper icon

Joe Nagle

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

For troubleshooting purposes @user_06u8qq, could you please:

Sign out of your account on our forums website
Clear your browser’s cache and cookies
Close all opened windows for the browser you are using
Load our forums site in a new browser window
Scroll to the bottom of our forums site 
Select ‘Cookie Preferences’
Select ‘Accept All’ in the ‘Your cookie Preference’ window that pops up
Select ‘Save Changes’ located in the bottom left corner of the ‘Your Cookie Preferences’ window
Sign back into your account on our forums site
Then try sending a direct message.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

still nothing!  I simply need my TV to turn on and make noise.... that's a reasonable request, considering I'm paying $300+/month.  Please help

Joe Nagle

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here