vsatc's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

22 Messages

Sunday, December 24th, 2023 6:24 PM

Closed

No printer, no transportation

I have been trying to speak with an agent for months, but the virtual assistant has me going in circles and will not connect me. I cannot keep paying $5 a month for a Flex box I didn't want, since I already have one I don't use.  I can't mail them because I don't have a printer to print a label, and I can't bring them to UPS or a Comcast location without paying for Uber, which I can't afford. (So far, the $5 monthly that I'm paying for the box is cheaper than Uber) I only wanted Internet service. I have a Roku TV and use streaming services, so I don't need the Flex box or cable, yet I'm paying for this extra Flex box. Besides dealing with the unhelpful virtual assistance, I sent emails to [Edited: "Personal Information"] that were ignored. Surely, it is evident I'm not using the boxes, so why charge me? Can't Comcast mail return labels? Can't someone pick them up from my home? Can't these raised rates provide something useful instead of mediocre rewards? I am a Platinum customer and a senior citizen

Accepted Solution

Frequent Visitor

• 

22 Messages

5 months ago

Thanks to all the contributors to my posts. I got another television (instead of a printer) to use one box, I can get a free Uber ride (courtesy of my Medical Advantage plan) to return the other box, and I will provide feedback as suggested by Chelsea.

Problem Solver

• 

434 Messages

6 months ago

@vsatc Surely they must be able to request a pickup or send you a return label. An Xfinity support rep will reach out to you via this thread. They'll ask you to DM them for further assistance with instructions. Hope you had a nice Christmas.

(edited)

Frequent Visitor

• 

22 Messages

Thank you for your support

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

6 months ago

Hello and welcome to Comcast, Thank you so much for reaching out to our Xfinity Community Forums Page. @vsatc , you are in the right place and we are happy to assist you today.

Please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

Let me know if you have any questions.

Frequent Visitor

• 

22 Messages

@XfinityRoberto​ Thank you. I followed your instructions. I'll let you know the outcome.

Frequent Visitor

• 

22 Messages

I accepted the answer because the problem is not the answerer's fault.

I have two return labels from Comcast, one from 2013 and another from 2015 because, back then, I could walk to the Comcast office (which is no longer there), so I brought in the returns. The labels had been included with the shipment. (No, I can't use them now; the addresses have changed) I also have a note stating a tech picked up a set-top box from me in 2018. Regrettably, exceptions to the rule are no longer a thing no matter what.

To make that clear, perhaps Comcast/Xfinity can, along with "how to make returns," include a "how returns aren't happening":

(1) Comcast/Xfinity employees do not pick up returns

(2) Return labels will not be included in Comcast/Xfinity orders

(3) Comcast/Xfinity does not mail return labels

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

252 Messages

@vsatc Could you please send our team a direct message. Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Frequent Visitor

• 

22 Messages

Please give a response for everyone's benefit. I did ask someone from the local community center to print the labels and send them to me; however, Xfinity only allows for printing a label for the first box and not the second, so I would have to go to UPS to get rid of both. Of course, I could hold on to the second one until later, but I'd be right back where I started--having to print a label although I don't have a printer or bringing the box to UPS although I would have to pay for transportation.  If cost is an issue for Xfinity, I will pay for the return labels and the postage to send, or Xfinity could just stop charging me since, contrary to what is said, they know the boxes aren't activated

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

400 Messages

@vsatc Customers can return devices to a store or UPS. They can also print out return labels from home for an easy drop off. There may be an option to have UPS pick up devices at their own cost for that service, while using the return label to send the package back to Xfinity. For those that are no longer customers, or don't have a printer, contact UPS directly to negotiate a pick up directly. Shipping the devices back to Xfinity is always free, but there may be a charge for UPS to pick up the device from your home. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here