R

Tuesday, December 5th, 2023 8:36 PM

Closed

No Playback Speed Control for YouTube on Xfinity Flex

I am not able to change the playback speed on the YouTube app on Xfinity Flex. There is no playback speed option for me to select in order to view YouTube videos in 1.5x or 2x speed. The following image is shows the settings page of the YouTube app opened through Xfinity Flex. You can see in the image that there is no playback speed option.

However, if you take a look at this next photo, that I took from the YouTube app on my Roku Smart TV, you can see that there is a playback speed option available to me.

Is there a way to enable playback speed on my Xfinity Flex’s YouTube app?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

7 months ago

Hello, @retro_bear. Thanks for reaching our team on Forums regarding the Playback speed concerns. That is a nice feature to have for sure. Unfortuantely, playback speed is not available on all smart TVs/streaming devices at this time.

2 Messages

Ah, that is a bummer!

Is there a way that this feature can be put in as an enhancement to Xfinity’s SmartTV’s/Streaming devices?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

That's an excellent question. Since this is a 3rd party app I would recommend reaching out to Youtube and suggest that this enhancement becomes available for all those other streaming devices/Smart TV's that this option isn't available on. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here