U

Tuesday, November 28th, 2023 6:08 AM

Closed

Netflix and other apps drop connection

When watching any app on the xfinity box the connection to the app drops.  You have to reenter the app to continue viewing.  Have reset the internet, the box itself, replaced the box but it doesn’t work.  Apps work on smart tv and iPad.   At times apps won’t load at all but resetting box fixes that error.   With what I’m paying for service it is frustrating the only answer to the problem was replacing box which as stated didn’t work.  Reading the forum it seems this problem has existed for some time.   Is there a fix? 

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

7 months ago

@user_hmfh09 We appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on out Xfinity Forums. I know how much I enjoy being able to use the voice remote to locate and view my programing without having to go search every streaming app for the program I want. It's important to us that we find a lasting resolution for the issue with the apps dropping. Since we've attempted to replace the box I'd like to do some more in depth troubleshooting. Please send us a DM to Xfinity Support with your full name and address to get started. 

To send a direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here