U

Saturday, October 28th, 2023 4:28 AM

Closed

Issues with Paramount plus with Flex box

Voice description stuck on, volume goes up, pause doesn't work. At times I turn TV on and get dark screen if I speak Paramount plus or any other app on TV it will go to it but am unable to choose from screen because it's dark. Can't skip recap of previous shows it shows >> to push to skip and it doesn't work. When pausing the arrow in a circle continues to circle over the show until finally an error pops up saying unable to process try gain later I push ok and get sent back to menu with all apps on it. I have spent numerous hours on phone with tech, tech came out today even, yesterday went to Xfinity and even picked up new flex box. I feel like I am employed by them at this point. I've done more to fix the problem then they. Still doing same thing. Extremely frustrated 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

8 months ago

Hello, @user_iya5wn This is not the experience we want for our customers when accessing apps. Does Paramount + behave the same way when you access it using other methods other than your Flexbox? Has our tech support team created a ticket on your behalf to address this issue? 

2 Messages

Paramount+ works great on all other devices. I have spoke to someone on phone several times to troubleshoot, I have had tech come to house, I have returned flex box for a new one, I have reset and rebooted more times than I can count. And since writing this I have taken matters in my own hands because I no longer want this frustration in my life and no one has a resolution I unhooked the flex box and am now using Amazon Fire stick problem solved so far 😊

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

@user_iya5wn I'm terribly disheartened to hear that Paramount+ on Flex was a unsatisfactory product for you. I did not come across this as a known issue with the Flexbox, so I understand that it must have been frustrating not to get a quick resolution. I appreciate the time you spent working with us to get this issue resolved. If you would like to return the Flexbox please visit the Digital Return Center (xfinity.com/returns) where you can select the devices to return. Customers can return their equipment by scheduling a UPS at-home pickup by printing the UPS return label, boxing up the equipment, and then calling 1-800-PICK-UPS (Customers will need the tracking number from the UPS return label to schedule the pick-up.); or you can simply drop the devices off at any open UPS location (the devices could be packaged up or dropped off as-is and UPS will package them up for our customers). I recommend visiting theupsstore.com for the most up-to-date locations and store hours. 

If by chance you are interested in giving troubleshooting another shot 

please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address. To send a direct message: 

1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon near the bell icon. Click the direct message icon 
  2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line)
  4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  5. Press Enter to send it. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. Thanks!
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

4 months ago

I too have this issue with the flex box and paramount plus.  Only app I have had an issue with is paramount plus.  It will not let me pause any show or movie.  The app works fine on all my other devices including Google TV's.  

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hi, @user_qnepw5. I see you have been running into some trouble with the functions on the Paramount Plus app on Flex. I understand you don't have issues with other devices. However, it seems the flex box is giving you trouble. I'm sure this has been a headache, but we can do our best to help. Can I have more details about any troubleshooting you've done so far? Have you attempted to uninstall and reinstall the application, for example? At times, this can help clear up any general issues that can arise. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here