NellieNobody's profile

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

Friday, May 28th, 2021 6:06 PM

Closed

How can I perform a factory reset on my Xi6-T Flex?

There is no reset button or pinhole on the Flex box. When I was setting it up, I had to do it a couple times. All I remember is that it involved pressing multiple buttons on the remote.

Administrator

• 

658 Messages

3 years ago

Hello @NellieNobody

• 1.      Ensure the device is currently powered on
  • 2.      Press the ‘POWER’ and ‘MENU’ buttons on your remote at the same time
  • 3.      Press BOTH the UP and DOWN arrow buttons on your remote, then Select ‘Restore Defaults’ option
  • 4.      Press ‘OK’ – this should cycle the equipment to perform a factory reset

The option should also be in your settings menu. Let me know if this works for you.

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

3 years ago

My remote is the XR15v2-UQ. There is no Menu button. There is no "Restore Defaults" in Setup. I found these instructions at the following link:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/get-to-know-xr11-remote

If you're still having issues, perform a factory reset:

1. Simultaneously press and hold the A button [triangle] and the D button [diamond] until the status light on the remote changes from red to green. This takes about five seconds.
  2. Press 9-8-1 on your remote to complete the factory reset. Once this is complete, you can retry pairing your XR15 remote.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

How do I do a factory reset with my XR16 remote?

Official Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

Hello and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums! To do a factory reset on the XR16 remote follow these steps:

• Hold down Info (i button) + Home (house button) for three seconds until the LED flashes.
  • Press PowerLast (left arrow button) and Volume Down (- button) in order.

After you have done a factory reset these are the directions to pair the remote to control a streaming device:

1. Make sure your TV and streaming device are both powered on.
  2. Aim the remote at the front of the TV Box and press the Voice button.
  3. Follow on-screen instructions to complete pairing.
  4. If you’re already paired for voice, but need to program the remote to control your TV, just press and hold the Microphone (Voice) button and say, "Program remote." You can also go to the remote programming instructions via the Remote Settings menu.

I hope this information is helpful! Let us know if you need any further assistance. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

The user asked how to do factory reset on flex using the xri6 remote. I think these instructions are for resetting the remote instead. 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Thank you for patiently waiting for a response, @user_e8e689. You're correct. First, you will have to factory reset the remote by holding A and D at the same time until the light on the top flashes green. Then press 981, the light will flash several times. After that, with the box powered on you will need to hold the power button on the remote for 3 seconds, then press ok, right arrow, down arrow, power. After that, the box will reboot if done correctly. Once up and running you will have to go through the setup process again.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Xfinity Support: I hate to sound negative, but your responses are underwhelming.

The person just asked about doing a factory reset on a Flex box with an XR16 remote. 

As you can see from this Xfinity page, the XR16 remote does not have number buttons:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/get-to-know-xr11-remote

How are they (and the rest of us who arrived at this thread looking for the same answer) supposed to follow your instructions?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.4K Messages

Hello @user_b64586. This is an old, inactive thread that we will be closing at this time. If you are having troubles and need support, please create a new topic of your own here on this board detailing your issue so that the community and our support representatives can assist.

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here