U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, January 26th, 2023 12:59 AM

Closed

Flex UI looks like X1?

We just swapped out our X1 DVR and extra box for a Flex. However the Flex UI still looks just like the X1 and keeps popping up the channel guide.

The Apps option just keeps saying "can't connect to the app service right now", and I thought the Flex was supposed to just come up to an app list screen?

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

2 years ago

Hi, @user_a19cc5. Thank you for reaching out and creating this new post. The Flex box would still use the same X1 platform as our other equipment, so it will indeed look similar. The reason is this box can also be used for Flex upgrades with services like Choice TV. This would give you access to local channels and even cloud storage. 

To access the Apps on your Flex device you could do the following:

Access and Navigate the Apps

1. Press the Xfinity button on your Voice Remote.
  2. Select Apps.
  3. Select the section and app of your choice by pressing OK or the center of the directional pad on your Voice Remote.
    Apps screen with rows of different apps.

4. Opening one of these apps will display a banner noting that you're entering a third-party app, with more information available by pressing the Info (i) button on your Voice Remote.
    The Music Choice App loading page is displayed with a note that says,

Note:
     If you press Info (i), you’ll be taken to the following tip card (which will exit the app).
    Apps Privacy Policies tip card.

5. Once the app is open, navigate the content and press OK (or the raised button in the center of your directional pad) on your remote to select the content to watch.
    Content on XUMO app with many options to choose from, like live, free movies, and on demand

Source: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/tv-movies-apps

If you are getting an error message when accessing the Apps, it could be the device may not be online. Is the equipment now showing up on your My Account App? Have you tried any troubleshooting so far? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here